Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Looking at possibly starting a drone business.

rwrogers11

Reaction score
I have a few questions, I know I need to get licensed, etc.

But what kind of insurance do we need, just normal small business or is there something extra for drones?
I live in Houston, Tx, how can I determine if there's still enough of a market for another drone company?

Thanks,
Richard

First of all get your 107 license, insurance seems to vary by location and risk assessment, I was working at a college construction site for 2 1/2 years, required 5 mil of insurance.
The next question is what type of drone service do you envision starting, such as construction, real estate, power line - cell tower, or just whatever you can find.
What drone do you have and how much flight time do you have with it?
Once you get your 107 you need to register your drone for commercial operations, you can't fly a drone registered as a hobbyist for commercial work.
If you are considering doing real estate, it is a waste of time unless you have many solid contacts that are willing to pay well for your services.
How much photography experience or knowledge do you have, you don't need to be a professional, but you do need to understand the basics of both still, and video photography.

It is easy to hang your shingle out, making good money is difficult.
You might look into Multivista in Houston and talk to them, their focus is construction documentation with drones and standard photography.

Reactions: rwrogers11

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter