Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Looking for Pilots

bjarrett_geomatix

Reaction score
Website
geomatix.us
Geomatix LLC, a full-service UAS provider, is expanding into 40 service locations across the continental US. We are actively recruiting FAA licensed pilots to serve as long-term contractors to help service these new locations.

Contracted pilots will be primarily tasked with asset inspection and pre-planned mapping missions for photogrammetric post-processing. Geomatix also offers Infrared and Multispectral imaging services to clients and is looking for pilots with experience with these and other advanced sensors.

Qualified applicants will be expected to fly under FAA Part 107. Pilots with well-documented fly time who hold > $1m aviation insurance will be heavily preferred.

Should you meet the qualifications please visit our sign-up page at Geomatix - Pilot Application.

Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Geomatix flight team!

Reactions: Mike Flys
Your application for pilots has some pros and cons.
Although a comprehensive application, too many personal information is requested such as 107 license number and compensation fees.
A better approach would ask if you are 107 licensed and you should give us a fee schedule.
It is in my opinion, difficult to determine who is and is not qualified by your questions.

Geomatix LLC, a full-service UAS provider, is expanding into 40 service locations across the continental US. We are actively recruiting FAA licensed pilots to serve as long-term contractors to help service these new locations.

Contracted pilots will be primarily tasked with asset inspection and pre-planned mapping missions for photogrammetric post-processing. Geomatix also offers Infrared and Multispectral imaging services to clients and is looking for pilots with experience with these and other advanced sensors.

Qualified applicants will be expected to fly under FAA Part 107. Pilots with well-documented fly time who hold > $1m aviation insurance will be heavily preferred.

Should you meet the qualifications please visit our sign-up page at Geomatix - Pilot Application.

Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Geomatix flight team!
As you may well know, there are so many of these "pilot wanted" companies and sites popping up. Without giving us more information about whatt types of jobs you have and what the compensation scale is, the more savvy pilots here (yes the ones you really want) will be very skeptical to reply and provide all the information you want.

I would love to line up some well-paying gigs on a contract basis, but am immediately turned off by the approach of "give us all your information and we will get back to you". Just my $0.02

PhantomFan,

Although I also have misgivings about this particular ad, surmising, like another, it’s another DroneBase type operation, there are times all the compensation and types of operations can’t be provided for various reasons.

I’m one of those that has posted an ad for pilots but was prohibited from publicizing the prime clients name or the type of work. I did things a little differently, requesting a voice conversation with each applicant to first determine if they were sufficiently qualified to perform the work before forwarding their bios and experience to the hiring agency for follow up.

A short story to illuminate how a blind ad can be used to great benefit involved myself back in 2005. An RC site named RC Universe had a blind ad from an outfit. To paraphrase, the ad read; “looking for RC pilots with extensive experience flying giant scale RC airplanes. Must be able to be away from home for extended periods of time. Send resume’ to xxxxx. Nothing about compensation, location, or operational particulars were mentioned. Knowing nothing about the company or their operation I sent off a resume’ and by March 2005 a very well compensated career operating military grade UAV’s had begun. It was not until after proving my abilities was I informed about compensation, work location, or operational particulars. I stayed with it until 2017 when I retired from the nation’s work force.

So there can be valid reasons for posting a blind ad, and it can be well worth the effort to respond to them. In the ad I mentioned the reasons were operational security. Nobody got to learn anything until they completed and submitted a security clearance application. This thread’s ad has Me a little troubled by the preference for those carrying their own liability insurance as, IMO, that should be something provided by the contracting agency. It suggests things I’m very uncomfortable with.

If you’re looking for highly descriptive ads for drone operators, try Indeed.com. Both Intel and Alphabet/Wing have some interesting positions open for someone highly qualified.

There can be great opportunities for those willing to take the initiative instead of having everything laid out for them in advance, but they have to take the first steps on their own, in the blind, to determine if it’s a path they want to follow. There are also many times a company is only looking for people that demonstrate they can take the initiative instead of being directed all the time and phrase their inquiries in a manner that will only elicit a response from those types of people.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Githens

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV