Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Luminar 4

Mavic Mac

Reaction score
I have been looking at Luminar 4 and from the various comments it sounds like it is a decent program. Currently I am using (learning) GIMP. Does anyone have experience with both to be able to compare them as far as versatility and ease of use. The reason I ask Luminar 4 is on sale for the next 1 Day 20 hours or so.

Luminar 4 Summer Sale and I am giving serious thought of buying it, so that is why looking for input.

I have been looking at Luminar 4 and from the various comments it sounds like it is a decent program. Currently I am using (learning) GIMP. Does anyone have experience with both to be able to compare them as far as versatility and ease of use. The reason I ask Luminar 4 is on sale for the next 1 Day 20 hours or so.

Luminar 4 Summer Sale and I am giving serious thought of buying it, so that is why looking for input.

I work with Photoshop and Illustrator. Luminar 4 is certainly a lot cheaper. Check the features and compare it against Adobe. For the price it certainly looks like a lot less expensive alternative.

Ive used luminar 3 a couple of times. To me is a LR alternative . Ive been happy with the results, the presets are very helpful from the very beginning; is better than the auto button on LR and LR presets. But I use LR 95% of the time because of the speed and reliability. Luminar lost all my edits one day when i was heavily editing multiple photos and the program crashed.

There are lots of similar programs to Luminar and Lightroom. I try not to use LR even though it comes with my Photoshop subscription (paid under duress). I would recommend taking a look at On1 Raw 2020. It can easily replace Lightroom for 99% of the functions, already has AI, is a one-time charge rather than Adobe picking your pocket every month whether you use it or not. On1 2021 is coming soon. But for serious editing still nothing beats Photoshop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W6TDN