Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

M210 RTK v2 - setup and Tips..

gordona000

Reaction score
Hey,

I have been flying the trusty old P4P for a couple of years, mapping and basic video fly throughs.. but finally upgrading/upsizing!

I’m about to receive my new M210RTKv2 kit next week, just wondering best practice/ideas for the new setup..

I understand that you need to pair the batteries.. check
However, how are people ‘naming’ the pairs?

AA,BB etc
1,1 2,2 etc?

We’ve gone with 10 TB55s per unit to ensure a decent amount of flying time..
also double the charging Hubs to try and charge them in a reasonable timeframe..

Any other info / ideas from the forums would be great!

(On the mapping side, aiming to use Pilot on the CS, and also trialing GSPro on iOS..
• just waiting until Pix4D and such are compatible)

Thanks

Andrew G - Melbourne, Australia

Hey all..

Picked up the units last week.. still awaiting reasonable weather to fly..

But have spent the time labelling all the batteries/D-RTK2s/hubs etc..

Plus all the backend paperwork to add the units to our Operating Cert.

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow for a quick spin.. test out Pilot on the CS.. test GSPro on iOS..

Fingers crossed!

Andrew

Remember, this drone is a lot heavier than your phantom. It can be intimidating at first but you'll soon realize it can handle quite a bit of maneuvering.

-I named my batteries AA and AB and BB and BC and CC and CD. Basically, the first letter helps me keep them paired.

-Remember when changing camera combos to recalibrate the CG.

-The crystal sky I have seems a bit off on where you tab versus where it registers your touch. I'm not sure if there is a way to calibrate this.

-The 4 smaller batteries for the RC, D-RTK Base, and CS is bare minimum. For a long day, you will need more than this.

-I have 4 sets of drone batteries and get about 20-25 minutes of flight time without pushing the batteries limits. I don't like going below 30% on this drone as the voltage really drops fast after that point (I've had a close call that I didn't feel comfortable repeating).

-Use the neck strap for the remote, looks nerdy but I'm over that.

-Get the GPC case, it's heavy but holds a ton and is bombproof.

-We use a leftover Trimble, two-leg bipod that clamps onto the D-RTK Base unit and it works good.

-Osprey are a little more intimidated by this drone and less likely to attack it vs. a mavic:)

-We use a Zenmuse X4s with manual shutter to produce aerials and data and it works great.

-3rd party software does not work with this drone yet, so I plan my route boundary out in Google earth (imported from GIS) then export to a micro-sd. I then import the .kml into pilot. I then plant out my elevation, overlap, etc.

-For some reason, swithing to imperial units does not change pilot units to feet, so match elevation, etc with need to be converted to meters.

-I use the phantom 4 rtk settings when setting up the camera for a job, since it matches my camera settings.

-When first starting out, don't worry about all the extra buttons on the Cendence remote, I still don't use them.

-If you want to charge batteries faster, you'll have to look into another charger or 3rd party charger. The Inspire 4 battery hub only charges two at a time and it takes 2 hours to charge a set.

-I haven't had any issues with connection loss, this thing is solid. You will want to pay attention to whether or not you are in RTK mode. If you are operating with the base, this will need to be turned on. If you are working without the base, this will need to be turned off, or it will not connect.

In addition what Justin said above, and depending on where you bought it from, I would go through each component and make sure everything is on the most up-to-date firmware and verify that each component has been activated. We do this for all of our customers by default, but too many times we see dealers just ship out the boxes as they were delivered to them from DJI or their supplier without testing and updating everything.

Aside from that, it should be rock solid. I would do your first few flights on each set of batteries in DJI Pilot on the included CrystalSky, just to burn in the batteries and make sure there aren't any dead ones and there are no issues with the GPS and RTK. Odds are it will be perfectly fine, but we've found that if there are going to be issues, it's generally within the first few hours of flight that you'll discover them.

Justin, Chris, and all..

Thanks for the tips and notes..

I ended up naming each RPA as 1 & 2 (yep, basic)
Then TB55s as 1A,1A,1B,1B etc, 2A,2A etc..

WB37s (5 for each unit) 1A,1B,1C, etc
* might grab a couple more for redundancy.

We have two hubs per RPA, so relatively faster multi charging.. (I have asked DJI if they’ll make Charge Station.. - no one wants to say yes/no)

The Enterprise dealer we purchased through were awesome (and still are...)
We went through all main items and updated to latest FW. Even the D-RTK2 base stations. Took a few hours.. good to sit down and chat/get it sorted in person..

- - -

So, today, took the small P4P up and completed a quick Litchi waypoint session.. (400m, 2-3min) then reproduced it (entered the coords) into GSPro (iOS)

The M210RTK completed the same waypoint mission with ease.. really happy with it’s performance..

Yes, totally agree, different beast compared to the agility of the P4P.. but also, not a single concern with gusts of wind..

I too ended up using a set of Leica Bi-Pods for the base today.. the DJI tripod seems a little flimsy (compared to the usual wooden legs we typically use for surveying)

I’ll need to charge up the remainder of the batteries and get them all up to correct firmware and test them out..

All in all, very happy with the unit.. just need to wait until DJI get the base synching to the same performance as the P4RTK

** we also picked up a x4s for mapping .. pleased to hear you’ve had decent results..
Also have the HPRC landing mode case on order, HPRC battery case and GPC D-RTK2 too..

Andrew

Reactions: Chris Fink
We have two hubs per RPA, so relatively faster multi charging.. (I have asked DJI if they’ll make Charge Station.. - no one wants to say yes/no)

The Enterprise dealer we purchased through were awesome (and still are...)
We went through all main items and updated to latest FW. Even the D-RTK2 base stations. Took a few hours.. good to sit down and chat/get it sorted in person..

Just two notes from me.

First, make sure you check out the Colorado Drone Chargers PRCS Elite. It is an absolute game-changer for the TB55s. Charges all four in just over an hour and a half from ~25%. Made in the USA by an awesome company backed by fantastic support. I cannot say enough good things about them. Here's the exact charger I'm referring to - www.uvt.us/products/dji-matrice-200-series-prcs-elite. There are many resellers that work with CDC and then, of course, you can work with and purchase directly from CDC if you'd prefer.

Second, it's great to hear your Enterprise Dealer is taking good care of you. It sounds like they're local, which is even better. There is nothing like being able to sit down with the people that have direct access to the product and the folks behind it and get things done. That's great!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM