Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Making a Password Protected CD or DVD

aerialimagery

Reaction score
Is there any easy way made CD of images that can only be accessed by someone who has a password or code?

Not without 3rd party software ... it's not native to Windows and doubt it's native to Mac.

But, you could put your files into a ZIP file / Compressed folder and secure *that* with a password. It's not uncrackable, but it's gonna at least keep the honest people honest.

Reactions: BigAl07
Ahhh they don't get the password until they pay the invoice? I see what you're doing there LOL.

Ahhh they don't get the password until they pay the invoice? I see what you're doing there LOL.

No, I trust my customers and rarely have had a problem like that. The idea was that I might break down my pricing and sell low resolution images at a lower price, but that the high resolution images would be there on the CD ready to be purchased if they decided to do so later.

Not without 3rd party software ... it's not native to Windows and doubt it's native to Mac.

But, you could put your files into a ZIP file / Compressed folder and secure *that* with a password. It's not uncrackable, but it's gonna at least keep the honest people honest.

How hard would it be to "crack"? Thanks for the response.

How hard would it be to "crack"? Thanks for the response.
Pretty easy. Encrypting the files would be the only difficult way. Google file encryption software to get a good idea.
added this you could also use dropbox with 2 folders. 1 low quality and 1 high quality.
Give them access to the low quality , then they want the high quality you give them access at that time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM