Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Marketing Your Services

Russ Still

Reaction score
Website
www.uavgroundschool.com
For Free. No strings, no hidden fees. Add yourself to the expanding DronePilotsCentral network with no cost. This allows potential clients to find you in filtered searches, easily. It's also free to them and they don't even have to sign up to conduct searches. If you're a US-based Remote Pilot (Part 107 certification is required), I strongly suggest that you add your listing. (And it's good for your own website's SEO, too.)

www.DronePilotsCentral.com

upload_2018-7-5_14-4-31.png

Thank You @Russ Still you do a lot to help out our UAS community.

Thanks much! Remote Pilots have to market themselves if they expect to deposit checks into the bank account. They have to do something to stand out from their competition. Those that sit by the phone, waiting for it to ring, are the ones that get the least amount of business. Every Remote Pilot should take advantage of this free opportunity to get their story out in front of the public.

Being an entrepreneur isn't for the faint of heart. You have to bust your @$$, aggressively marketing your services. And this is exactly why 10% of the working Remote Pilots make 90% of the money. They are out there getting noticed. Everyone else passively sits there, and gets passed over.

To every Remote Pilot: Think of your business-life as a contest. The people who win 1st and 2nd place will take home all of the money. If you aren't one of them, you'll be going home hungry. You have to WIN the contest. Just showing up isn't enough.

Howdy, Avocet. People have been joining all day. Can you give me a bit more info? Maybe a screenshot of the error message? Thanks!
Hi Russ... I get the red "HTTP Error" bar when I try to load images. I've deduced that is probably a limitation of file size as I scaled down my Part 107 image and it worked. If this is true, please add the file size limitation to the captions under the SELECT FILES buttons.

I don't understand why the emphasis is marketing oneself as a "remote pilot."

I think it would be better to market what it is that the UAS is used for. For me, it's photography. I emphasize "aerial photography" and not "I'm a pilot." The latter doesn't say anything relevant.

I don't understand why the emphasis is marketing oneself as a "remote pilot."

I think it would be better to market what it is that the UAS is used for. For me, it's photography. I emphasize "aerial photography" and not "I'm a pilot." The latter doesn't say anything relevant.
Yes, I agree 100%. You are a Remote Pilot (and this indicates that you have the FAA certification), but market your company based on what it does and the benefits it provides.

Is this your listing?
Aerial Imagery Systems | Drone Pilots Central

Ok Russ, I just went and re-entered everything. It took our Logo and the listing looked good under preview, but I could not upload photos because I have to reduce their size apparently. Also, I wen to view the listing for real, and your system can't find me. You have to approve first?

Ok Russ, I just went and re-entered everything. It took our Logo and the listing looked good under preview, but I could not upload photos because I have to reduce their size apparently. Also, I wen to view the listing for real, and your system can't find me. You have to approve first?
You have to be approved first then your listing will appear in the search.

I attempted to edit my listing to clean it up a bit, see if I can improve it and I recieve this when I select "My Account" and "Manage My Listing".

https://dronepilotscentral.com/lmlandscapead

Not Found
This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?

It looks like nothing was found at this location. Maybe try a search?

[Edit] I was able to update teh listing by going to it manually through searching.

I attempted to edit my listing to clean it up a bit, see if I can improve it and I recieve this when I select "My Account" and "Manage My Listing".

https://dronepilotscentral.com/lmlandscapead

Got it. It appears that the system created a malformed link when you clicked "Manage My Listing". This happened to one other guy earlier this week. We'll get it fixed on Monday. (BTW, good job. Smart thinking on the finding your page via search and updating it that way.)

Here's the (correct) direct link to your page:
Levitated Media | Drone Pilots Central

And a great looking page it is, too. On the "Search and Rescue" category, we're going to start requiring completion of at least the first two FEMA courses, ICS-100 and ICS-200.

ICS 100, 200 & 700 accounted for, State Certified Firefighter 1, Hazmat Operations and Telecommunicator. :)

Also if I may, could you add a section to input a Instagram account? I cheated the system a bit by adding it where it says Twitter.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku