Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mavic 3E Vignetting Issue

SkyTec

Reaction score
Website
skytecaerial.net
I just took my first photos with the new Mavic 3 Enterprise and all came back with a vignetting in the corners. Any idea what might be causing this?

Attachments

• DJI_20230401123444_0001_V.JPG
    8.3 MB · Views: 17
  • DJI_20230401123838_0007_V.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 9
Thank you very much Dave for that info. I was hoping it was something like a setting. I'll have a look at that.
When capturing imagery for photogrammetry, you want to leave Distortion Correction in the OFF position. For regular photography, you can turn it on. That is why there is that setting on RTK drones.

Reactions: MikeA and SkyTec
When capturing imagery for photogrammetry, you want to leave Distortion Correction in the OFF position. For regular photography, you can turn it on. That is why there is that setting on RTK drones.
Dave, that is exactly what the problem was. I had just completed a 2D mapping mission of the same site and then decided to shoot a few photos. I've gone into settings and now understand. Thanks again for the information!

Reactions: Dave Pitman
the sample pics you attached seem very soft to me. Do you know what your focus point distance was?
The shots were at 1/1000 sec, so it's not camera movement or shake, and f5 should be sharp.
Is it just me?

the vignetting looks like the effect we used to get on an SLR when we used a lens hood that was inappropriate for the lens, or filters that were also inappropriate for the lens. but in this case, I am not familiar with the Distortion Correction setting. does it only appear and apply to RTK model?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM