Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

More flight time, please

CruiserRunner

Reaction score
Hey just joined to probably ask lots of newb questions probably. Don't worry, I'll try the search feature first;) Anyway, I work for a small environmental consulting group in which we currently take manually flown aerial photos of clients properties (primarily cannabis cultivation) as part of compliance document prep. Another branch of the company deals wiith timber management. I have been pressing for more technical usage with our drones and am always for more uses. I've done some planned flights for mosiacs and elevation data through various services. Anyways, glad to be here. Thanks

Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

Reactions: dronecyclops
"we currently take manually flown aerial photos of clients properties (primarily cannabis cultivation) as part of compliance document prep."
I'm assuming (never good...) from your statement about taking aerial photos, that they are just that. I'm curious, from the operator perspective - what kind of compliance can be documented with simple photos? I imagine plant spacing is an issue, but that would require photogrammetry techniques. Do you use specialized software for that purpose? How do you superimpose property lines on your images? I have no idea how big these farms would be. Are they big enough to have you flying beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS)? I'm increasingly interested in BVLOS waivers and the tech that would safely support them for sUAS operators, like me. For repeat visits, how do you generate and standardize the initial waypoints and camera angles on the first shoot? And you thought YOU had a lot of Newb questions! ;-) My drone may be small, but I operate it in a big world. Keep your questions coming, fellow pilot.

Welcome to this forum CruiserRunner!

Here's a great way to set up you waypoints in Google Earth and see exactly what your drone camera's field of view will be in Litchi. Don't forget to check the box "Use views as waypoints" when importing into Litchi.

Reactions: CentralVAphoto

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC