Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

NAS Charts for all.

Gcarb63

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Pilots can download the free charts and reference the FAA Aeronautical Chart User’s Guide at FAA Aeronautical Chart Users' Guide for more information. The FAA also encourages pilots to check NOTAMs (https://notams.aim.faa.gov/notamSearch) for any TFRs issued to divert air traffic from where space operations are scheduled.
Hope this helps helps the new and upcoming pilots on the forum , as well as a refresher for all. Happy flying.

Reactions: makneyse
Thank you for this. I moved to Canada from the States and it drove me nuts that I couldn't find any similar type of documentation up here. Nav Canada doesn't post their air charts online and I couldn't even find a legend/key describing how to read them. I had to buy a hard copy of my local map (not a big deal) but I wish there was a master document breaking things down like what you posted from the FAA. I guess the good news is we weren't really tested on reading the air charts in Canada like we were in the States.

Reactions: Gcarb63
We are here to help. Glad it came in handy. Safe flying. ?

NAS Charts are basically pointless for UAS operations. They do show airspace, but that's it.

UAS operators need to know if the airspace is LAANC active, what our UASFM AGL limits are, and exactly where the airspace ends. We need to know within feet. Manned aviators don't need to know that.

It's never bad to have the knowledge of the airspace, but we literally can't rely on it for any aeronautical decision making when it comes to drone.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I like to use the Chart Supplements formally called Airport Facility Directory. It has airport tower frequencies, telephone number, hours of operation, and if the airspace around the airport is class E or G after airport closes.

here is the app version I use

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM