Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

New to CDP... Transfer student from MavicPilots! ?

itsneedtokno

Reaction score
Hello all!

I come from MavicPilots.com (same handle over there)

I got my 107 kinda recently.

I figured I'd say hi, and ask a question.

I have flown real estate in the past, but have never flown a condo. If a house costs between 3-500 with 15-20 pictures and a 3 minute 4K video... how would I price a condo?

I ask because the opportunity has recently arisen for me to do so.

The condo is on the beach, in a sleepy "older" town. I was figuring I'd get the surrounding area included in the video, some interior lobby shots... So forth.

The end customer would be older folks, and I'm not sure how I could sell the property owner.

I was thinking it would take about 14 hours to pilot and edit. My hourly desired profit is $75/hour.

So that leaves me around $1,000.

High? Low? Spot on?

(MULTI UNIT)

Thanks for all the help.

Any and all advice appreciated!

Last edited:
Welcome to this forum also - a LOT of good members and info here !

First hopefully a professional photographer will jump in on this one. Personally I don't understand how you are figuring it would take 14 hours unless you have a lot of travel involved. Twenty photos even with setting up lighting shouldn't take but a couple hours or am I missing something. How much time are you figuring for editing?
Personally if you can find a realtor to spring for a grand on a 500k home I would say you should be able to sell ice cubes to Eskimos.

Reactions: TreeLineView
First hopefully a professional photographer will jump in on this one. Personally I don't understand how you are figuring it would take 14 hours unless you have a lot of travel involved. Twenty photos even with setting up lighting shouldn't take but a couple hours or am I missing something. How much time are you figuring for editing?
Personally if you can find a realtor to spring for a grand on a 500k home I would say you should be able to sell ice cubes to Eskimos.
But that's just it, they can sell not one, not two, but ten plus 500k dollars homes.

I have to price accordingly.

I'm thinking about 3 hours editing the pictures (my deliverables are top quality, HDR, usually twilight pictures)

The video could take 4 hours with ingest, color grade, audio, transitions and export.

Drive time is 1 hour.

Lunch on the clock is 1 hour.

Setup, flight and interior should take 3 to 4 hours.

So 12ish hours, but again, for something that can be used to sell tons of the same condo, not just one house.

Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

Reactions: itsneedtokno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV