Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Newbie going for 107 Certification

Johneeo

Reaction score
I have a DJI Mini 2. My First and only drone, have had it up 3 times. Just learning the basic controls in open fields. Incredible drone.

I have done hours and hours of research, everything from what is a drone, to drone reviews, then drone Youtube videos, to how to fly the DJI Mini 2.

I am now in the process of going for the 107 Certification. Spending more hours learning everything possible from basics to reading the FAA online 107 pages, etc.

I have found what look like some very good online instruction courses, so I will probably sign up and take one.

Any guidance or suggestions appreciated.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. Online training is good but nothing beats having tuition in a face to face scenario if available. Once you start, the learning never stops.
Look forward to hearing your progress on the road to a commercial pilot.
Regards

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. Online training is good but nothing beats having tuition in a face to face scenario if available. Once you start, the learning never stops.
Look forward to hearing your progress on the road to a commercial pilot.
Regards
Thanks. I know I have so much to learn, and I am committed to doing what needs to be done.

Welcome to CDP .
Look around and find what your interest is and let it rip . Have any question's feel free to ask any staff
in a message concerning the forum and glad you have joined .
Enjoy and be safe .
0rojyyg-png.363

Reactions: Gagey52
I have a DJI Mini 2. My First and only drone, have had it up 3 times. Just learning the basic controls in open fields. Incredible drone.

I have done hours and hours of research, everything from what is a drone, to drone reviews, then drone Youtube videos, to how to fly the DJI Mini 2.

I am now in the process of going for the 107 Certification. Spending more hours learning everything possible from basics to reading the FAA online 107 pages, etc.

I have found what look like some very good online instruction courses, so I will probably sign up and take one.

Any guidance or suggestions appreciated.
Welcome to CDP! Not sure what is on the tests anymore. I took/passed my 107 back in 2017. Seems there was a lot of questions on weather codes at airports and longitude and latitudes on the aeronautical charts/maps. So study those for sure. Someone else might be able to help you with the newer testing they have now.

Once you get your 107 all you have to do every 2 years is got to the FAA website and take the recurrent test and pass it. It's free now. Also once you pass your 107 it is good for life. You just have to keep doing the recurrent testing.

Reactions: Gagey52
I signed up with RemotePilot101.com The fee is lifetime and I used it for the recurrent exam as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premier Drone Services