Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Out of Stock?

Earnest Ward

Reaction score
With props and batteries for the Phantom 4 series now listed as "Out of Stock" in the online DJI Store. I'm wondering if our P4P and P4A flying days are numbered (or if we'll be forced to take our chances with third party products)? And what about the enterprise customers who are buying brand new P4RTKs? Are they still able to get props and batteries through enterprise dealers?

I would imagine props and batteries compatible with the old P4s will be around due to the P4 RTK for quite awhile

New P4P batteries are a thing of the past. The best you can hope for now is reconditioned from what I've been reading. DJI is apparently trying to pushing everyone into a Mavic now....
Yeap, glad I got 6 almost new. DJI will never sell me a Mavic. Just as soon fly a Syma. :D

Man, never say never! The other craft are great and I love my P4P. But the M2 is a fantastic tool, no doubt about it. ;)
I'm sure its a nice little bird and just right for some jobs. I do not foresee doing anything in the future my birds (listed below) can't handle. Don't do pretty commercial shoots, don't fly with SWAT asking me to fly into buildings, don't hike the mountains, don't fly for the CIA, in short, don't need a tiny bird. Just won't be spending my money to get one...

I'm sure its a nice little bird and just right for some jobs. I do not foresee doing anything in the future my birds (listed below) can't handle. Don't do pretty commercial shoots, don't fly with SWAT asking me to fly into buildings, don't hike the mountains, don't fly for the CIA, in short, don't need a tiny bird. Just won't be spending my money to get one...

There are certainly jobs other than those, but I get it. But 'never' is an awfully long time !

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
The Inspire was good for getting into the market but the jobs outgrew it and I just don't care for the way DJI does business. I'm happy with the new bird and still trying to get on the right side of the curve with it, but it is the future for us in mapping. Thankfully, B&H still stocks the TB48s and I buy four to six every year.

I have a twice used P4 battery for sale.

The UAV industry are going the way of cell phones. Remember the brick, now all cells fit in your pocket.

Phantoms are history, r mavic size are the future

When they can fit a full frame cam, chemical/radiological detector, or LIDAR on a Mavic it will have achieved the versatility required of it. Until then, it’s just convenient for a few things.

I have a twice used P4 battery for sale.

The UAV industry are going the way of cell phones. Remember the brick, now all cells fit in your pocket.

Phantoms are history, r mavic size are the future
Well lets not get carried away. Until you can hang a z30 or a large cinematic camera on a Mavic, larger drones will be around...

When they can fit a full frame cam, chemical/radiological detector, or LIDAR on a Mavic it will have achieved the versatility required of it. Until then, it’s just convenient for a few things.

That will be great. But having a decent 50mm (35mm equiv) hanging on a "stealth" multi is pretty handy for certain ops. Putting on prop guards and being able to very safely and un-imposingly fly indoors with people in the building is another great use for the M2. Just another tool in the kit.

Well lets not get carried away. Until you can hang a z30 or a large cinematic camera on a Mavic, larger drones will be around...
Didn't you hear?
The next generation of cinema cameras can fit in a matchbox (joke, of course....kinda)

Getting closer to not being a joke every day!

Panasonic S1H may look just like the S1 and S1R, but packed into this unassuming body is a full-frame, 6k video camera well suited to a wide variety of high-end film work.

I am a Sony shooter, but hopefully, this might be a preview of capabilities in the upcoming α7Siii camera.

Panasonic Lumix S1H

Didn't you hear?
The next generation of cinema cameras can fit in a matchbox (joke, of course....kinda)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM