Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

P4RTK is it worth purchasing

LMO

Reaction score
Hi all,

As a survey company we are at the beginning of our commercial drone practice.

We already own a standard P4pro but would purchase a P4RTK (to be processed as PPK possibly using Propeller or another service provider) and GCPs as checks, if it made commercial sense

In your opinion does this make sense to upgrade to another phantom 4 when we already have one even though it has the RTK/PPK functionality?

We are in construction surveying.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

We already own a standard P4pro but would purchase a P4RTK (to be processed as PPK possibly using Propeller or another service provider) and GCPs as checks, if it made commercial sense

In your opinion does this make sense to upgrade to another phantom 4 when we already have one even though it has the RTK/PPK functionality?

Thanks in advance
Works great if you have really small jobs. Not too efficient for larger jobs though. And also before you pull the trigger, check the airspace you are going to be operating in. If it is complex, with the possibility that China is going to impose extra restrictions on where you can fly, you might want to pass on DJI and find another alternative.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance
I have a nearly new RTK P4 AND DJI BASE STATION FOR SALE. i AM RETIRING- THEY ARE THE BUSINESS!!!!! EASY , FAIRLY SMALL, YOU CAN COVER 1000'S OF SQUARE METERS - FLIGHT TIME IS 25 MINUTES. I HAVE BEEN FLYING FOR ABOUT 6 YEARS AND THIS IS THE BEST FOR THE PRICE- I always feel safe and relaxed flying RTK

Reactions: SWA Pilot
Je suis très déçu par le P4RTK. Au final, je relève mes GCP avec un Trimble et je suis bien plus précis. En plus, DJI Pilot, DJI GO Pix4dcaptur...rien ne fonctionne avec le P4RTK. Que l'appli DJI GSRTK qui est très mauvaise. On ne peux rien faire ni paramétré avec en comparaison de DJI GO. A refaire, je ne l'acheté pas. C'est une blague ce drone!

You can use NTRIP or PPK if the base station doesn't meet your criteria. . GCPs and Agisoft and QGIS work well. For alternatives you are looking at some relatively expensive options. However each to their own. I'm glad you have a workable solution- what platforms do you use? Trimble offer a great service and are very helpful and knowledgeable.

J'ai des base GNSS R8, des mobiles R2 et GEO7X. Avec un abonnement RTK VRSNow de Trimble et Orphéon (Je suis en France).Le plus gros problème pour moi est le manque de paramétrage entre un DJI GO et GSS RTK comme la prise de photo toutes les 2s ou l'histogramme de la camera. Par exemple. Si vous avez une idée pour la programmation de vole pour réalisé des levés de façade, je suis preneur. Merci

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91