Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Part 107 PSI testing centers

Hermondrone

Reaction score
Hi all,

It seems after all the silence from the FAA that PSI testing centers are reopening. The ones in Maine started scheduling around May 1st. I scheduled mine for May, 8th, last Friday. Only two at a time allowed in testing room. The prep course I took included five full practice exams with varying questions. You had to understand the concepts. I felt well prepared and I was. I passed with a high score.

Regarding the questions I encountered, I found many easy questions but there were a few with wording in both the question and answer choices that stumped me entirely. I could recall no material that related to the question. When I am able to see the answers I will figure it out but I was genuinely flummoxed. BTW, the Sectional Cart for DFW did come up in a couple of questions. I was warned. I was hoping my home airport CHART for BGR was on the test. I have that one memorized. Lol

Reactions: dronecyclops
Hi congrats on passing your 107 test great bunch here & a wealth of information should you need any

Congrats!!! There were a couple that got me also. They are good for switching the wording around at least a couple of times for the same question. They did that for my A&P license also. I guess it's a standard way of questioning for FAA test.

Last edited:
Reactions: dronecyclops
Amendment to Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR) 118

The FAA has issued an amendment to Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR) 118 https://bit.ly/31wjLGZ, which provides relief for certain persons and operations during the public health emergency concerning COVID-19.The amendment recognizes that even as stay-at-home advisories are lifted, airmen continue to experience difficulty complying with certain training, recency, checking, testing and duration requirements. The amendment extends some medical certificate relief that the original SFAR provided and expands medical relief to people whose certificates will expire in the coming months. It also expands relief to a new population of airmen who may be unable to satisfy training and qualification requirements due to disruptions caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency. Those who may be affected by this amendment should carefully review the eligibility, conditions, and duration of each section of relief to ensure compliance. The FAA has revised its FAQ page at https://bit.ly/38gIUqi (PDF) to help explain the amended regulatory relief.

This was in my in box this morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905