Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Part 137 exemptions

We have not done this yet but are preparing to do so. What particular area are you looking to be exempt from, spraying pesticides, fertilizers and fungicides?

Our local area was selected to participate in the UAS Integration Pilot Program specifically with mosquito control. Good luck with your endeavors.

Fort Myers to Use Drones for More Efficient Larvae and Mosquito Detection

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ttle-mosquitoes-through-federal-drone-program
I have been following, a little, with what LCMCD has been doing. It is easier to integrate when you have the largest budget in the USA for mosquito control.

Hello. I am a cattle farmer and I am looking into precision agriculture for my own farm as well as farmers located in my area. I am currently Part 107 certified and am currently going through the Ag Pesticide testing that is required by the state. Would I also need to be Part 137 certified as well for this type of vertical?

Thanks for any helpful information.

Thanks again.

You planning to dispense chemicals from the UAS?
Does the take off weight exceed 55 pounds (I'm guessing it would have to, to be effective)? That takes it out of part 107 and into a whole different regulatory umbrella (Airworthiness Certification) and Part 137 rules.

The best answers will come from your local FSDO.

Hello. I am a cattle farmer and I am looking into precision agriculture for my own farm as well as farmers located in my area. I am currently Part 107 certified and am currently going through the Ag Pesticide testing that is required by the state. Would I also need to be Part 137 certified as well for this type of vertical?

Thanks again.
Did you get this figured out?

Did you get this figured out?

Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905