Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Part 93 SFRA question

Adzphoto

Reaction score
Hi all. Is it possible for a RPIC to flying within a permanent flight restriction area? If so where do I seek permission? Who is the controlling agency for special airspace rules?

Thanks in advance for any advice
A

The FAA is the controlling agency but the "Agency who requested the Flight Restrictions" is who you will need to initially coordinate with. Once they give you approval you are then "legal" to fly in that airspace as long as you follow their requirements to a TEE.

The tough part will be if you're flying DJI aircraft in getting the GEO restrictions lifted. You'll have to contact DJI and probably have to provide them with some form of documentation proving that you have FULL approval to fly in the restricted airspace.

Reactions: R Martin
I work at Kingsbay Submarine base in Ga. We have a National Security Airspace that covers the transit route for the subs. To do some drone work for a City Parks project I had to coordinate with, US Navy, US coast Guard (2 different entities), Navy Counter drone program coordinator and the FAA (it went to DC). It was quiet the pain. And as BigAl07 mentioned, I could not even start my DJI p4p, until I made some (modifications)....

Reactions: Gcarb63 and BigAl07
This again brings up the DJI interfering with flight operations. I think I'm going to eliminate the restrictions on my drones and as long as I'm flying legally I don't see a big problem with doing so. I have resisted making the software modifications up until now.
I really don't need the Chinese telling me what I can and can't do in America.
Just my two cents.

Reactions: Gcarb63 and Kklix
This again brings up the DJI interfering with flight operations. I think I'm going to eliminate the restrictions on my drones and as long as I'm flying legally I don't see a big problem with doing so. I have resisted making the software modifications up until now.
I really don't need the Chinese telling me what I can and can't do in America.
Just my two cents.

Well, since I did do the modifications it has been great. And I am doing it the right way. Just because I made modifications to get around the DJI software doesn't mean I went rouge...lol
IF you want more info pm me...

Well, since I did do the modifications it has been great. And I am doing it the right way. Just because I made modifications to get around the DJI software doesn't mean I went rouge...lol
IF you want more info pm me...

Thanks, I have the software mods, I just haven't used them. This conversation was covered in another thread and from what I gathered there shouldn't be any liability unless your flying illegally.

Reactions: Kklix
The FAA is the controlling agency but the "Agency who requested the Flight Restrictions" is who you will need to initially coordinate with. Once they give you approval you are then "legal" to fly in that airspace as long as you follow their requirements to a TEE.

The tough part will be if you're flying DJI aircraft in getting the GEO restrictions lifted. You'll have to contact DJI and probably have to provide them with some form of documentation proving that you have FULL approval to fly in the restricted airspace.
Hi BigAl107, This is a bit off the topic but I am interested in finding out more about the SAR program. What needs to be done to be either certified or qualified to be part of SAR?

Reactions: BigAl07 and Kklix
Hi BigAl107, This is a bit off the topic but I am interested in finding out more about the SAR program. What needs to be done to be either certified or qualified to be part of SAR?

We are currently "laying low" because travel is on hold and "Gatherings" are limited. Hopefully as Covid reactions calm down we can get back to normal.

Here's the DSAR website:

There is a page/link on there to join the group. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send me a PM directly.

Allen

Reactions: Gcarb63

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905