Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Participation Waiver

RexAir

Reaction score
I have a shoot coming up in which I will be doing some aerial work with a local motorcycle group. Has anyone had participants in filming sessions sign waivers?

I have a shoot coming up in which I will be doing some aerial work with a local motorcycle group. Has anyone had participants in filming sessions sign waivers?
As long as you don't fly directly over them there's no reason for it I wouldn't think.

I guess my concern is that because I was filming someone might try and do something dumb, start showing off, or be more worried about looking at the camera then they would the road and have an accident and try and pin it on me. I carry insurance using SkyWatch and will not be flying over the group, will just parallel them through some of the foothills in the California mountains. I have gone out and conducted test flights and filming of the locations we want to shoot already. I am just trying to be prepared for everything.

I guess my concern is that because I was filming someone might try and do something dumb, start showing off, or be more worried about looking at the camera then they would the road and have an accident and try and pin it on me. I carry insurance using SkyWatch and will not be flying over the group, will just parallel them through some of the foothills in the California mountains. I have gone out and conducted test flights and filming of the locations we want to shoot already. I am just trying to be prepared for everything.
It's not something I'd worry about. They can't blame you for their stupidity.

Reactions: SierraAeroRecon
It's not something I'd worry about. They can't blame you for their stupidity.
I'm guessing they could claim that the drone distracted them. I would definitely have them sign an acknowledgement that there will be aerial photography taking place during the event. Maybe the event organizer can include it with the documents that will have the riders sign before the ride.

I'm guessing they could claim that the drone distracted them. I would definitely have them sign an acknowledgement that there will be aerial photography taking place during the event. Maybe the event organizer can include it with the documents that will have the riders sign before the ride.
It's not something I'd worry about, but it wouldn't hurt. Odds are the organizer already has the participants sign something. And putting up a sign and making announcements wouldn't hurt either.

I wouldn’t worry about it. No matter what you have someone sign, if they want to sue you they will. Paper only keeps honest people honest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV