Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

PBF in the UK here.

PBF

Reaction score
Hi to everybody in this forum. Recently retired and wanted to expand on my love of photography and dare I say it "gadgets". Drones have come on so much that I couldn't help but notice the growth in interest here in the UK. The winter Olympics back in Feb this year really highlighted the use of drones and I had to get involved. During November I am looking to obtain the necessary PfCO assessment to allow me to legally and responsibly fly my MA commercially. Any advise or opportunities from anybody would be very welcome. Thanks......

Reactions: Gabe and dirkclod
I would say there are no shortcuts to your PfCO. There is a lot of hard work for you there. I took. One last year for very similar reasons, and even with a background in pro photography and commercial aviation I found it challenging, especially writing the Ops Manual. Post qualification mean5 continuous study to keep up to date with regulations and with things like weather and NOTAMs, until they become second nature . For you to fly responsibly and safely is a huge challenge, taking images at the same time is even bigger as you will appreciate. Stimulating in your retirement I can guarantee. Remember too, lots of flight practice, to build your hours and keep building them, so that your flying becomes as second nature as taking images.
Opportunities will depend on your skills and interests. If you want to shoot still images or moving images then you must consider what your markets will be. If you have already been involved with image making then you will know about selling the results. As with all images, if they are excellent and unique they will sell.

Hi to everybody in this forum. Recently retired and wanted to expand on my love of photography and dare I say it "gadgets". Drones have come on so much that I couldn't help but notice the growth in interest here in the UK. The winter Olympics back in Feb this year really highlighted the use of drones and I had to get involved. During November I am looking to obtain the necessary PfCO assessment to allow me to legally and responsibly fly my MA commercially. Any advise or opportunities from anybody would be very welcome. Thanks......

Where are you based? When starting a drone business you need to identify the local opportunities.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM