Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Pilot license and other regulations for commercial drone photography in Mexico

Xavier

Reaction score
Does anyone here has the drone pilot licence for comercial use in Mexico? I'm tipping the waters with the usage of drones for aerial photography and I'd like to know the steps and costs to do it the right way

Thanks!

Reactions: BigAl07
It's my understanding there is no licensing requirement in Mexico (this from a fellow drone pilot in Mexico).

Hi Kristina,

In the current regulation in CO-AV-23/10 R4, under section 8.1.7 it requires permission from SEDENA to take pictures commercially, however I've been unable to locate how to get that permission. 8.1.5 stablish the obligation to be insured, but again no insurance company has been able to provide me a quote

I agree it is currently very easy to be a "rogue pilot" in Mexico, (at least easier to find how to do it right), but my interest is in finding out if I can make a sustainable business model out of it, and it would include comply with the regulations.

EDIT: Sorry if the title is not the full question, it should say license and other regulations forc ommercial drone photography in Mexico ;)

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy