Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Pix4dcloud or DroneDeploy

JDL

Reaction score
Currently using both trial versions to help make a decision for my business. Can anyone chime in with thsir thoughts or experienc? So far, the deliverables end on pix4dcloud seems to be way better than DroneDeploy, mainly a client can be sent a url link and utilize the tools without the need for a login etc.

Someone more current can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you need a login to share a drone deploy map. Back when I compared both, I felt like drone deploy did a better job handling challenging natural environments (forests, terrain, stuff untouched by humans, etc.) After saying what I just said, the sharing/export options of drone deploy ended up being a no-go for us. I could share a map, but the other side needed a full seat/license purchased to simply annotate the map. Exporting as geotiff (from drone deploy) only worked if I substantially cut the resolution down (like 16x) which is a no go for our use-case. We ended up holding on to an educational license for pix4d cloud but aren't using it a ton right now. Pix4d continues to struggle to stitch natural areas like forests which isn't great for our use case (imaging forests, looking for invasive vines.) You'll probably get a lot of various opinions, suggestions to try other tools, and all of those will be great ideas. In the end it really boils down to finding a workflow and toolset that you are comfortable with and does what you need. Because so many people are doing so many different thing, the correct answer really is something we all find for ourselves (with a little help from our friends.)

Someone more current can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you need a login to share a drone deploy map. Back when I compared both, I felt like drone deploy did a better job handling challenging natural environments (forests, terrain, stuff untouched by humans, etc.) After saying what I just said, the sharing/export options of drone deploy ended up being a no-go for us. I could share a map, but the other side needed a full seat/license purchased to simply annotate the map. Exporting as geotiff (from drone deploy) only worked if I substantially cut the resolution down (like 16x) which is a no go for our use-case. We ended up holding on to an educational license for pix4d cloud but aren't using it a ton right now. Pix4d continues to struggle to stitch natural areas like forests which isn't great for our use case (imaging forests, looking for invasive vines.) You'll probably get a lot of various opinions, suggestions to try other tools, and all of those will be great ideas. In the end it really boils down to finding a workflow and toolset that you are comfortable with and does what you need. Because so many people are doing so many different thing, the correct answer really is something we all find for ourselves (with a little help from our friends.)
Thank you, this is why I’m leaning toward pix4dcloud, as one just getting going in this industry I need my potential clients to have ease of use and control over what I deliver

Reactions: R Martin
Thank you, this is why I’m leaning toward pix4dcloud, as one just getting going in this industry I need my potential clients to have ease of use and control over what I deliver
If you are using this for a business then bite the bullet and go Pix4DCloud. You can share the work with clients without additional hassle.

Reactions: JDL
I can only speak for Drone Deploy, yes it is expensive and using their trial version you can't get all the features and that is a shame. I knew absolutely nothing about mapping when I started, they were so helpful and their training aids are fantastic.

Reactions: adm_geomatics
DroneDeploy for enterprises with allot of inhouse work and Pix4D Cloud Advanced for smaller firms dealing with clients. Beware of the gotchas with the standard version where Mapper is required. Carlson PhotoCapture or Maps Made Easy for occasional mappers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC