Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Portable Incident Command Monitoring Station

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Finally got my Incident Command monitoring station up and running. It consists of a Nanuk hardcase, 22" Ultra Thin, dual HDMI output split screen, portable power pack (300W 220Mh) with AC/DC, 4 USB connection and a 12 volt aux port, 20' heavy duty HDMI cable for rRPIC to connect to controller or CrystalSky.

I used the foam protective packing and lined it with parchment paper to use as a template for the 4 holes I had to drill into the case. The monitor comes with a base and screws, but I wanted to create some space between the monitor and case top for air flow, so I used longer screws and some plastic spacers to allow about 1" room in the back. To make the LCD panel sturdy, I used some AirConditioneer foam liner and stuck it in between the monitor on top and sides which makes for a nice snug mount for the screen. Left the bottom open for airflow. 15Lb duct tape holds the power pack in place when the case is closed so it does not damage the screen. I also use 10lb ankle weights that I place in the bottom of the case when setup on a table to make it sturdy and not top heavy.

I have done some testing of the portable charger. Ran my iPhone plugged in and playing 2 hour movie. Used 25% of battery. I used in on a large job this week. Able to run my Controller and phone off it during the 4 hour long job. Also re-charged 2 sets of TB50 batteries that were around 30% when I charged during the same job. The second set just about finished when the charger dropped to 25% and shut off.

The total price to build $418.00. Took me less than 20 minutes and I don't own a drill. Had to buy one from HD. J You can shave some off the price by getting a cheaper case, but I like the Nanuk because it swings open more than 90 degrees and has a little catch to hold the top from dropping shut. You can also get a smaller battery pack, but I now would have gone with the next size up. I have links to all the parts if anyone is interested. I will post. Enjoy!

Finally got my Incident Command monitoring station up and running. It consists of a Nanuk hardcase, 22" Ultra Thin, dual HDMI output split screen, portable power pack (300W 220Mh) with AC/DC, 4 USB connection and a 12 volt aux port, 20' heavy duty HDMI cable for rRPIC to connect to controller or CrystalSky.

I used the foam protective packing and lined it with parchment paper to use as a template for the 4 holes I had to drill into the case. The monitor comes with a base and screws, but I wanted to create some space between the monitor and case top for air flow, so I used longer screws and some plastic spacers to allow about 1" room in the back. To make the LCD panel sturdy, I used some AirConditioneer foam liner and stuck it in between the monitor on top and sides which makes for a nice snug mount for the screen. Left the bottom open for airflow. 15Lb duct tape holds the power pack in place when the case is closed so it does not damage the screen. I also use 10lb ankle weights that I place in the bottom of the case when setup on a table to make it sturdy and not top heavy.

I have done some testing of the portable charger. Ran my iPhone plugged in and playing 2 hour movie. Used 25% of battery. I used in on a large job this week. Able to run my Controller and phone off it during the 4 hour long job. Also re-charged 2 sets of TB50 batteries that were around 30% when I charged during the same job. The second set just about finished when the charger dropped to 25% and shut off.

The total price to build $418.00. Took me less than 20 minutes and I don't own a drill. Had to buy one from HD. J You can shave some off the price by getting a cheaper case, but I like the Nanuk because it swings open more than 90 degrees and has a little catch to hold the top from dropping shut. You can also get a smaller battery pack, but I now would have gone with the next size up. I have links to all the parts if anyone is interested. I will post. Enjoy!

Mac, its available to you and anyone else who is on the New England DSAR Team. Just need to request it

Reactions: JDSimpson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM