Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Portrait pictures versus Landscape

TonyPHX

Reaction score
I have a client that would prefer portrait mode pictures for direct use on social media, where 1080x1920 is recommended. Can I get any suggestions on best way to produce these? Just crop and size to fit? Anything else I should consider? Not interested in getting a Mini3 for the Vertical shooting mode.

I have a client that would prefer portrait mode pictures for direct use on social media, where 1080x1920 is recommended. Can I get any suggestions on best way to produce these? Just crop and size to fit? Anything else I should consider? Not interested in getting a Mini3 for the Vertical shooting mode.
Unless you have a mini 3 which uses portrait mode, cropping would be the only way. Or, you can try taking images In Pano mode you do have the option to take a vertical pano (if you're using the P4P).

What drone are you using?

Reactions: MikeA and TonyPHX
I kind of figured that is the case. Well, I can fly it with M2P, M2Z or M3 Cine. It looks like I could also do a vertical pano then stitch.

Reactions: GFields
Thank you, I wish I had the P4P where the camera can rotate! : )

Ah, my mistake. I must have misread some info when I was scouring for a solution.

IMO, your photo quality from the M2P or M3C at 20MP cropped will probably be as good as the Mini 3 in vertical mode. The Mini 3, for all intensive purposes, has a 12MP camera. The comparisons I've seen of the Mini 3's 12MP vs. 48Mp photos don't do much for me. The whole quad bayer system of splitting pixels to attain 48MP just isn't effective.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM