Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Pre and Post flight inspections

R.Perry

Reaction score
6:30 this morning and I’m back from taking the dogs for a walk. I launch the Inspire 2 for the check flight prior to going to the college. My wonderful wife comes out, “Don’t you get enough of that at the college?”

Yes, but I’m doing the preflight like I always do. I preflight the drone every day prior to going to the job site. Why, I don’t want to drive an hour to find out I have a problem that grounds me. It takes me a very few minutes and I think it is well worth the time. I also do a post flight inspection. Now I don’t know what others do, but I think it is important.

Last week on my post flight I found a broken landing gear leg. I was able to make a temporary repair until I got the new one. If I hadn’t of done a post flight, I wouldn’t have caught the break in the leg.

7986E8B1.JPG

We Pre & Post inspect all aircraft. I like to see the rotors whirl up to speed at home just to make sure I have my ducks in a row and I do still enjoy flying.

This allows me to confirm aircraft, Transmitter (Radio), Display Device, and software are up and running and no over night Surprises at the job site (well most likely NOT anyway LOL). I then put everything back on charge for the road trip in my Tactical Subaru LOL.

Now I know I have my aircraft and all charging equipment for extended operations.

I do the same. Nothing flies at a job unless it flew at home first. All maintenance work gets a functional check flight. Post flight inspections are mandatory.

Reactions: BigAl07
It is interesting, those of us that have been programmed by our aviation experience seem to take preflight and post flight inspections as a norm. I attempt to look at my drones almost the same as on a aircraft.

It is interesting, those of us that have been programmed by our aviation experience seem to take preflight and post flight inspections as a norm. I attempt to look at my drones almost the same as on a aircraft.

It takes me roughly two hours to set control and get everything put together in the field and about the same to tear everything down and pack it back up for a flight that, at most, takes me 45 minutes. No reason to go through all that in the heat if your aircraft is not ready to fly.....preflight inspections ensure that you are ready to go.

Preflight and run-up the night before. Detailed inspection before and after each flight. All documented. During battery change, a quick look over, too. Once the box is loaded, all is mission ready for the next day. One drone stays hot every day for fire calls. The other is maintained as a spare. Both are flown regularly. Good Boy Scout always - Be Prepared!

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy