Join our growing community today!

Procedure for roofing reports on drone deploy/eagle eye

amsjohn21

Reaction score
190 Campbell Ave #905,West Haven CT 06516
Website
www.dronesandmedia.com
Hi,

This year we are leaving real estate to start getting roofing plans, estimates, insurance. I was going with dronedeploy to start for several reason incl. We have 2 p4p.

If anyone can help me if a quick step by step. I didnt try it yet so I am teying to get the first on free they offer.

1 Should I mapp the whole property first, and then render it? Using rendered map, Then the roof?

2. Or I just go there and do a mission on the roof. How high above?

We also thought about eagle eye since they have great reports. What caputre app should we use with them??

JR

Install drone deploy on your controller, map the area and press fly. It will fly the mission for you and take the pictures. Watch the drone deploy tutorial and make sure to sync your controller as usual.

Hi,

This year we are leaving real estate to start getting roofing plans, estimates, insurance. I was going with dronedeploy to start for several reason incl. We have 2 p4p.

If anyone can help me if a quick step by step. I didnt try it yet so I am teying to get the first on free they offer.

1 Should I mapp the whole property first, and then render it? Using rendered map, Then the roof?

2. Or I just go there and do a mission on the roof. How high above?

We also thought about eagle eye since they have great reports. What caputre app should we use with them??

JR
Are you doing large commercial roofs or smaller residential / office roofs?

Reactions: BigAl07
I've done a lot of roofs, I do use drone deploy, but not for roof inspections. I do roof inspections with Inspire 2, with the X5 camera and 15mm lens. from about 100 feet. The resolution is so good I can pick out the smallest details on any roof, residential or commercial. My personal opinion is DP is an expensive overkill for roof inspections. I can post some examples if you like.

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
I've done a lot of roofs, I do use drone deploy, but not for roof inspections. I do roof inspections with Inspire 2, with the X5 camera and 15mm lens. from about 100 feet. The resolution is so good I can pick out the smallest details on any roof, residential or commercial. My personal opinion is DP is an expensive overkill for roof inspections. I can post some examples if you like.
What do you use to stitch your photos together then?

I take photos manually on roof inspections. As for ICE I have stitched many panos from automated flights, the main thing is to have sufficient overlap both horizontally and vertically with panos. As for mapping, I've never used ICE mapping, I use DD for all mapping. Now that you mentioned it I'll see how ICE does on mapping photos, here again overlap is critical for successful mapping.

Sorry, I'm confused. I refer to mapping as far as stitching photos taken looking down @ 90' to create a larger 'map'.
Do you stitch roof top photos using ICE?
You said you don't map with ICE.
cheers

No I don't stitch the roof inspections that I have done. Most of my roof inspections were for home or commercial buildings and inspecting the condition of the roof. I didn't need the photos stitched for those inspections. Mapping can't be done manually, example to map say 150 acres the drone needs to fly a precise pattern and take photos with sufficient overlapping, normally 65/75 overlap. I have never tried to use DD for mapping just a roof, not even large commercial roofs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM