Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Radiometric vs non, what are you guys using commercially?

JDL

Reaction score
When I say commercially I mean, rooftop hvac units, utility sector like distribution, larger commercial building roofs, etc?

jd

Can you give me some suggestions that won’t break the bank?!
I was looking at the Anafi thermal because of the price point and being radiometric but their drones aren’t that good from what I read

In simple terms non-radiometric is good for live viewing localized areas for video and stand alone photos. Radiometric allows for recording of an entire scene made of multiple images that are relative to a single value and thus is what is required for snapping whether it be the ground or a structure. It is also required for many forms of analysis where each pixel has to have a value.

Can you give me some suggestions that won’t break the bank?!
Define break the bank. The minimum is $3500 for a flir and that’s without a gimbal. You’ll also need to be certified in thermography. That’s at least another two grand.
And don’t forget you need thermography software that runs on your tablet or whatever. There’s a rig out there you can retrofit to a MP 2 That with the options you need is about $4500 if I recall.
And last but not least you better check out where you can get jobs. And how much they’ll pay.

Might take a look at the new M2EAdv... 640 and appears (uncertain as of yet) is full radiometric and includes Dx tool app for post work. Price of full kit with M2E is less than $8k.

Have the XT2 640 and XT 640 Full Radiometric... but needs a platform: M210 / M600Pro... adding to package and larger crafts to manage around roofs, trees near buildings (homes, smaller structures).

May be a great option for going forward without the larger platform investment. Heated Batteries to provide similar capabilities as M210 w TB55 heated dual batteries if needed in colder climate.

The Autel EVO2 Dual currently is 640 but not Advanced/Full Radiometric. A Full Radiometric version is in future site although higher price than M2EA.

Reactions: adm_geomatics
Note that the M2EA's sensor is not a Flir so their tools cannot be used for analysis. Yuneec also has a radiometric version of their E10T coming.
Correct not Flir, but will include a SW Tool app as well. Hopefully the SW Tool for M300 payload and M2EA will be substantial & similar to Flir Tool.

Correct not Flir, but will include a SW Tool app as well. Hopefully the SW Tool for M300 payload and M2EA will be substantial & similar to Flir Tool.
Hopefully the analysis tool isn't sandboxed like everything else "Enterprise". We simply won't use it if it takes 2-3 pieces of software to get it to the final reports.

Reactions: dougcjohn
That is correct the M2EA sensor is radiometric and it is not a FLIR brand so it cannot use FLIR Tools but DJI has a similar program and companies like Raptor maps have doesn't extensive study and have confirmed that the DJI sensors are compatible with most industrial systems. Unfortunately, the H20T does not carry the GPS metaData but we are told the M2EA will and that it will be one of the smallest thermal 640r sensors on the market also priced at $6240.

If you would like more information on this aircraft or its capabilities please reach out to us and I would be happy to help. We at Florida Drone Supply also carry the Evo 2 Dual, Zenmuse XT series cameras, and the Parrot Anafi USA. so we are more than willing to give you a good case study and comparison.

Mike D

The camera is great on the autel Dual 2, however, if you need Radiometric that it is not.

If you would like a side0by-side comparison of these let us know and I would be happy to take some. We have the Mavic 2 Dual, Autel, Parrot Anafi USA, the XT2, H20T, and the new TZ20 in stock.

Mike D

Reactions: adm_geomatics
I'm going with the autel evo 2 640T, I've been using both dji and autel, but for my business I love the evo 2 platform for swappable payloads, live deck, and now the 640T being radiometric. I also downloaded autel's ir software and its pretty close to flir tools, enough to get the job done(can add emissivity, etc.) for getting accurate temperature measurements. Any dealers out there have or willing to discount that product if I buy from them?

For flat roof and solar panel inspections, relative temperature differences, seems to be rather acceptable for most clients. However, having radiometric capabilities has proven helpful in the field to determine faulty components on HVAC systems. Specific temp. values can help a client determine a particular course of action.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM