Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Reaching Clients

Reaction score
Website
www.cascadedroneography.com
Greetings everyone -
I opened my Mount Vernon, Washington drone business in January of this year. I've tweaked my website based on keyword searches for my marketed clients (construction, real estate, photogrammetry, infrastructure inspections, advertising and scenic outdoors footage). But my challenges seem to be reaching these types of clients. I'm looking for advice from those of you who have "been there, done that" and might be able offer some insight or share your success (and failure) stories?

I have been handing out business cards and fliers, as well as emailing companies. I've had zero luck reaching farmers and have tried emailing local farm bureaus as well as posting in some user groups on Facebook. I have had limited success in the real estate area using Facebook groups. I've done some work with a local chamber of commerce and have garnished some good Google Reviews and testimonials. I haven't yet invested in Google ads yet, as I just recently optimized my website SEO and wanted to give it some time to see if it makes a difference.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

I know it's frustrating, but don't give up. That's what I was about to do, when I received a phone call to fly once a month and provide the company with a progress video on the job construction of our new Elementary School. A couple of months later I get a call from another company to fly and map some Test Crops for this company ou of Arizona. So it can happen that quick. Good Luck.

Thank you for the words of encouragement! Failure is not on option for me - I'm in this come hell or high water. But forming my own business is a new concept to me and despite all of the information out there, I'm not sure of the most effective methods of reaching my target clients. I don't have networks established in any of these markets I'm trying to reach, so that is why I'm asking for everyone's experiences to see if I'm missing something.

Greetings everyone -
I opened my Mount Vernon, Washington drone business in January of this year. I've tweaked my website based on keyword searches for my marketed clients (construction, real estate, photogrammetry, infrastructure inspections, advertising and scenic outdoors footage). But my challenges seem to be reaching these types of clients. I'm looking for advice from those of you who have "been there, done that" and might be able offer some insight or share your success (and failure) stories?

I have been handing out business cards and fliers, as well as emailing companies. I've had zero luck reaching farmers and have tried emailing local farm bureaus as well as posting in some user groups on Facebook. I have had limited success in the real estate area using Facebook groups. I've done some work with a local chamber of commerce and have garnished some good Google Reviews and testimonials. I haven't yet invested in Google ads yet, as I just recently optimized my website SEO and wanted to give it some time to see if it makes a difference.

Try doing some Pro Bono work to build your portfolio. I got several roofing jobs because I visited a roofing company to explain the benefits and did a free job for them on a contract they were bidding on. They got the contract and I have a steady contract with them. Go out to construction sites and get permission to fly to build your portfolio and see what happens.😊. You will become more successful if you go to them they don’t know they need your services yet. Check with your local News media outlets they always need footage ie Local High school sporting events. Local events (stay within 107 rules). With Farmers the same approach works. BOTTOM line everyone wants to know what’s in it for them. Do this for 30 days and your name will get out there.
I know you are going to do great.
Greetings everyone -

Please go to this website download and read everything they have. They will answer 100% of your questions :
Launching a Drone Business: Top Obstacles for Drone Pilots

Reactions: cascadedroneguy
Thank you for that great input, Anthony. Yes, I've seen Tony Marino's great posts and been reading his content. Good tips, and it really helps to hear your story of how you were able to break through that first layer of ice. I think that is the hard sell, that is to get these perspective clients to realize what they are missing when it comes to drone footage.
Many thanks!

Thank you for that great input, Anthony. Yes, I've seen Tony Marino's great posts and been reading his content. Good tips, and it really helps to hear your story of how you were able to break through that first layer of ice. I think that is the hard sell, that is to get these perspective clients to realize what they are missing when it comes to drone footage.
Many thanks!
You are welcome.
There are 2 sayings that will drive your business.
1- Documentation beats conversation
2- A picture is worth 1,000 words then a video must be worth $$$😊

Sell with the product not just words.
Most people only know the world from ground level you are taking them to a new dimension.

I’m going to challenge you to find 5 different projects in the next 7 days (I have to allow for bad weather )
- New public building ie school
-New commercial construction
- A know landmark in your area ( chamber of commerce love these for their web sites)
-Water front properties
- Nice hotel with no great pictures on their web site
- Outdoor event
- Marina’s with all that water in your area .WOW You can make a marina look like a million bucks.
How many boat owners have picture or video of their boats underway? What about the boat rental business?
Yacht clubs LOVE pictures of their club and boats. (Ps if you can afford the boat and club you have disposable money)😂
I hope this is enough to get you going.
Remember invest you time with a samples of what you can do. Don’t think of it as working for free. Look at it as a chance to build a portfolio for future businesses

If you make a plan and work it for 30 days you will be turning away business🤔

I shot a pro-bono project with the Burlington Chamber of Commerce that was a great experience and have attended a networking event with the Bellingham Chamber, but would like to do more work with other chambers.
Those other ideas are most certainly great opportunities for me and I will definitely be exploring them, especially the marina idea. I've been trying to reach golf courses with very little success, so maybe this other recreational market will bear better fruit.
Great tips, and thanks again for making the time. I hope others an benefit from this as well.

I shot a pro-bono project with the Burlington Chamber of Commerce that was a great experience and have attended a networking event with the Bellingham Chamber, but would like to do more work with other chambers.
Those other ideas are most certainly great opportunities for me and I will definitely be exploring them, especially the marina idea. I've been trying to reach golf courses with very little success, so maybe this other recreational market will bear better fruit.
Great tips, and thanks again for making the time. I hope others an benefit from this as well.
You are welcome.
Here is a time saver check a prospect’s website it will tell you a lot.😊
If their competition has drone shots hmm 🤔
Have the chamber people refer you it doesn’t cost them a dime and makes the person they refer you to own them a favor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91