Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Registration question?

Chicagolanddroneflyer

Reaction score
I just recently passed the part 107 test, and now have a question, I have 3 drones, two are going to be used for JUST recreational flying, and one will be used for both recreational and commercial. The question is, all three are registered for recreational flying, and that expires in the beginning of September 2023, do their registrations now need to be changed or wait until they expire?

Reactions: GFields
I just recently passed the part 107 test, and now have a question, I have 3 drones, two are going to be used for JUST recreational flying, and one will be used for both recreational and commercial. The question is, all three are registered for recreational flying, and that expires in the beginning of September 2023, do their registrations now need to be changed or wait until they expire?
You need to update the one you'll be using for commercial work beforehand. In other words, if you have work tomorrow, you should update it now under Part 107

Kinda what I thought. I can still fly that one recreationally as well correct?
Actually, you can fly the one registered for Part 107 recreationally as well. You just can't do it the other way around. If you fly to make money (commercially) it must be registered accordingly

Reactions: BigAl07
That makes sense, I have never minded the registration part, my stickers also have my phone number on them so if it got lost, maybe be a chance of it being returned, and it only costs $5.00.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905