Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Request for a technical drawings

Raphael

Reaction score
Hi all,
The mapping process is clear to all of us, sometimes it is carried out using flight app. such as Pix4D, DroneDeploy etc.
The next step is loading the images into processing software which provides an Orthphoto and a 3D model.
Most clients request a drawing of the building/roof which includes measurements like height, slopes and so.
Its important for me to know how you produce such drawing . Thanks in advance .

Raphael, the capture process is indeed clear. If capturing in Pix4d, why are you not considering using Pix4d cloud to process for your client deliverable?

Raphael, the capture process is indeed clear. If capturing in Pix4d, why are you not considering using Pix4d cloud to process for your client deliverable?
Thanks Tony for your help, but i was talking about drawing the outcome from whatever software you are using for processing. I ment a technical draw of the 3D model that the software brings you.

Thanks Dave, but both are really heavy .
I agree. Unfortunately, I have not come across a decent, yet simple 3d, geo-aware, CAD application.

If you haven't already, take a look at QGIS. It is free to use and there are some plugins aimed at CAD work. But I have not tried them much to be able to comment. It may be workable for your needs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM