Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Resolved & Corrected - Inspire 2, SSD Drive Chamber (Slot) not Reconginizing SSD Cards.

dougcjohn

Reaction score
Inserting the SSD into the I2 Drive Slot, and the SSD is not recognized.

Have 2x Inspire 2, and 2x 480GB SSD's.
Noticed a short time back, a message in Litchi stating the SSD was not present. Wasn't needing the SSD at the time so didn't pay much attention.
Later, I found the SSD is not being recognized when inserted into the SSD Slot (regardless of which App).

As a test, I checked in PC SSD Reader and card is readable. Next, Inserted Questionable SSD into the 2nd I2 and card was recognized and was able to format. Placed it back in 1st I2 and still not recognized. Also tired the 2nd 480GB SSD in 1st I2 with same results.

That rules it down with quick diagnostics, to the Internal Drive Bay within the I2. Which is part of the Battery Mount Assembly, which I've changed 20-28 months ago for not ejecting or retaining Batteries.

Question to the Group: Anyone experience similar? Was it a Battery Mount Assembly or the Circuit Card behind the Mount... or something else?

You must mean a 48 GB SD card. What cards are you using? Do you have spare SD cards, and if so have you tried them?
I've had to replace a couple of SD cards, one could be read by my computer, but not the drone.
Also, are you sure the card is seated properly?
I'm also flying the I2 and in the past three years I've had a couple of minor problems, but had to replace two SD cards.
About a year ago I started losing my #2 battery. I cleaned all the connectors on the drone and each battery and haven't had a problem since. Same thing on the chargers, cleaned the contacts. I use an eraser to clean them then blow out and residue with light air pressure.

Thanks for suggestions, but I'm on the SSD Drive, not the micro SD card. I normally run a 64GB SD and 480GB SSD (proprietary DJI HD).
The SSD is at the Rear of the Battery module, normally a plastic "blank" end cap protecting the SSD chamber if not used.

The SSD card does plug in clean, SSD slot is clean of debris and I can hear the normal slight change in power/fan when SSD is plugged into Drive Slot so it's getting power.

Corrected!
Disassembled, no pinch, chafing, or bad connectors. Removed the Battery module... all looked great and SSD cable routed nicely.

Poped off main unit's side panel and thought I felt a slight downward movement when checking connection. Removed & examined micro connector... reinstalled with positive connection.

Reassembled the craft, installed Camera & SSD.
Powered up and tested with all things working as normal. The SSD showed and indicated correct size. Was able to format SSD without issues.

I assuming when I added the Ft Belly Fan in Late Winter I may have tugged the SSD cable and strained it's connection.

Reactions: R.Perry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91