Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

RTK using NTRIP with Evo II Enterprise

UAS-Tek

Reaction score
Website
www.uas-tek.com
Hello everyone, brand new to the concept of using NTRIP with the Evo II 640T Enterprise UAV that I recently purchased. Does anyone have any additional information on what equipment I will need in addition to the RTK module for the drone? I have an NTRIP account through the California Real Time Network, but I haven't gotten to try it out because I'm looking to the RTK module for the Evo II. I have looked at RTK base stations, I contacted Emlid to ask about their Reach RS2 base station and they said it would be compatible with the Evo II RTK, and their users have reported good results.

Thank you!

When using NTRIP, the CORS station is, in fact, the base. You don't need an additional gnss receiver to act as the base when using NTRIP. An additional gnss receiver, like the RS2, is used when setting up on a known point, or a point that will need post processing.

NTRIP is the "base" and your drone, via the control link, is the "rover".

Thank you for the response Dave. As soon as I buy the RTK module and assuming previous technical issues that I have read about concerning the Smart Controller not being able to connect to NTRIP (or any RTK base) I would be testing the processes involved. I'm still researching how to utilize this increased accuracy in my current workflow (and if I really need to use RTK for normal mapping jobs, currently none of the jobs I work require it). I would want to purchase my own base/RTK for the times when the CRTN/NTRIP services aren't working.

As I mentioned, you can certainly use an Emlid RS2 as a base with the Evo2. You'll need to have access to known points on your project site, or need to know how to create one.

Reactions: UAS-Tek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy