Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Security TFR Confirmation

EarthBoundMisfit

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Newbie question ... first TFR ...

I have a flight request for a property located beneath a security TFR.

According to the TFR the restricted space is 4,100 to 18,000 MSL. I'll be flying under 200 ft AGL / 270 ft MSL.

My understanding is that I am okay to fly under the TFR without any concerns or issues. Can someone confirm?

NOTAM Number : FDC 8/0269 Download shapefiles
Issue Date : August 02, 2018 at 2159 UTC
Location : Beale AFB, California near MARYSVILLE VOR/DME (MYV)
Beginning Date and Time : August 05, 2018 at 2200 UTC
Ending Date and Time : August 12, 2018 at 2159 UTC
Reason for NOTAM : Temporary flight restrictions for Special Security Reasons
Type : Security
Replaced NOTAM(s) : N/A
Jump To: Affected Areas
Operating Restrictions and Requirements
Other Information
Affected Area(s) Top
Airspace Definition:
Center: On the MARYSVILLE VOR/DME (MYV) 055 degree radial at 6.7 nautical miles. (Latitude: 39º08'03"N, Longitude: 121º26'15"W)
Radius: 10 nautical miles
Altitude: From and including 4100 feet MSL up to and including 18000 feet MSL
Effective Date(s):
From August 05, 2018 at 2200 UTC (August 05, 2018 at 1500 PDT)
To August 12, 2018 at 2159 UTC (August 12, 2018 at 1459 PDT)

According to the UAS Facilities map the TFR is from the surface to 400FT AGL. So the answer to your question is no, you cannot fly there unless you receive clearance from the Air Force (in writing).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
According to the UAS Facilities map the TFR is from the surface to 400FT AGL. So the answer to your question is no, you cannot fly there unless you receive clearance from the Air Force (in writing).

Correct, that's the surface TFR ... I'll be more specific :)

In the attached image I'm flying int he circled area which is quite a distance from the surface TFR. However, there's a 10mile TFR as described in the first post indicating 4,100 feet to 18,000 feet MSL. That TFR is above me, so my understanding is that I can fly there provided I have LAANC authorization from Yuba Airport.

Make sense?

Attachments

• Beale.png
    Beale.png
    801.8 KB · Views: 11

In the attached image I'm flying int he circled area which is quite a distance from the surface TFR. However, there's a 10mile TFR as described in the first post indicating 4,100 feet to 18,000 feet MSL. That TFR is above me, so my understanding is that I can fly there provided I have LAANC authorization from Yuba Airport.

Make sense?

If you are flying under 4100FT MSL then it should not be a problem as long as you have approval from KMYV to operate in their airspace

Make sense?
It's a lot easier to offer suggestions if you just post a chunk of sectional with a big red X at your flight location. Sectionals are the ultimate authority on airspace. SkyVector: Flight Planning / Aeronautical Charts is great for that purpose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV