Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Short Ranch Video--what to charge

aerialimagery

Reaction score
I'm just trying to get an idea of what to charge for a video of a large estate and possibly incorporating the owner's factory nearby. It would probably be a about 3 to 5 minutes and would be thoroughly edited with music added. At this point I'm anticipating all drone footage. This would be for a previous customer who is used to paying well for still aerial photography. I'm thinking a minimum of $1,500, but would feel better about $2,500. Does that seem reasonable? Just curious if anyone has any standard prices or has seen any for ranch videos.

How much time will you spend traveling, setting up, planning, shooting, traveling back, editing, and delivering the product. Figure that up, what you need to make an hour and you'll have your price point.

We shot a golf course (video, stills, Int, Ext etc) last week and it took a total of 6hours (no editing thank goodness) and it paid more than what your "feel better" price is. But it depends on your finished product is and how much it's worth to your client. A finished 5 min video could be had for $200 in some places and in others it would easily fetch $3,000. It depends on your market and your client.

This guy has tons of money and never blinked at my high prices for stills.

Maybe I'd "feel better" at $3,500.00.

I think the thing I might do is give him some options regarding levels of production and pricing. If I spent 6 hours on one site doing video and stills, I know I'd want more than $2,500 too, though I'd take it.

Thanks.

You guys have some dream jobs if you can get $1500-$2500 for 6 hours of on site work doing only aerial video and stills. Assuming you are there that long to get the best sunny sides of the home during the day and not having to do any interior work.

I applaud you if you have a couple of these a week.

I'm getting 75% of my business from former aerial photography customers (by airplane). I am not getting enough business anymore and am working on doing some other things to supplement my meager aerial photography income. However, when I do get work I charge good prices. I would happily do low-priced jobs if I could get lots of them, but have found it's not easy to get those jobs either. No, I am not doing those kinds of jobs twice a week or even twice a month, unfortunately.

Understood, we do what we need to. I am fortunate to have my hands in several different venues. High end real estate/development, low end real estate, infrastructure, industrial, local municipality, LEO, sales and support, all UAS related. If I had to sustain myself on one or two it probably would not work for me.

If you can get that kind of money for drone only photography that is fantastic. The real estate that have done in the past the clients ended up with about max ten seconds of drone video, and some stills, work two hours of camera and guarantee you none of them paid that well. I did map a small ranch and did some aerial stills and camera work and got paid well for that but not the kind of money you are talking about. So good for you if you can get it.

You guys have some dream jobs if you can get $1500-$2500 for 6 hours of on site work doing only aerial video and stills. Assuming you are there that long to get the best sunny sides of the home during the day and not having to do any interior work.

My wife does INT work but that's her portion and not part of my mentioned pricing etc.

It was actually shot on 2 different days in order to get morning, noon, and late day lighting. It was a sweet job and we signed contracts to go back 2 more times between now and Christmas to do additional work in different seasons.

I applaud you if you have a couple of these a week.
I wish. They aren't nearly that often unfortunately.

The best part is the client told me that someone called her office recently and her receptionist said, "There's a Drone guy on hold for you for aerial photography". She thought is was me calling her and she answered the phone, "Hey Allen... what's up?"

Well it wasn't me but my competition calling trying to pick up some of my work LOL! He's a little late to the table on this one :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy