Welcome to Commercial Drone Pilots!

Join fellow commercial pilots to discuss business and professional drone usage.

Targeting Specific Facebook Pages

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by aerialimagery, Feb 11, 2018.

1. aerialimagery

aerialimagery Well-Known Member

Today I was sending messages to facebook pages of those who look like good prospects, and after sending about 8 or 9 messages I was blocked by facebook from sending any more messages. I'm a total newb when it comes to facebook, but I should have realized it was too good to be true that I would be able to continue doing that indefinitely.

At any rate, if I wanted to pay to send an ad to specific pages, is that possible? I'm referring to pages that might not like mine or have any connection to me yet. If so, is there any way I could mark them, or would I have to record their facebook names?

(To be clear, I'm not referring to specific industries or types or demographics, but to individual pages, such as Joe Dokes Construcion and ABC Realty, etc.)

2. rvrrat14

rvrrat14 Well-Known Member

You can ‘invite friends’ from you business page.

3. aerialimagery

I'm starting from scratch with no friends. How do I target specific pages who have no relationship with my page?

4. Rodger

Rodger Well-Known Member

I am at a loss with this post

5. aerialimagery

What is it that I haven't made clear?

I'm trying to figure out a way to send ads to hand-picked facebook pages.

6. rvrrat14

VALID QUESTIONS FOR A COMMERCIAL PILOT STARTING A BUSINESS, in my opinion.

In the town you live, begin by searching in FB for local businesses. LIKE their page. There are numerous FB help pages within FB to help you get started. In the Search within FB you can type anything you want to know/find. People you know in town, look them up and send them a FRIEND REQUEST to like you and accept you as their friend. Its all about networking. I think you’ll find there are more people there that you alread know.
    Again, look up the Facebook Help Center. They’ll do a better job explaining. Getting Started | Facebook Help Center | Facebook

7. Vertical

Vertical New Member

Or you can pay to use Facebook advertising which I believe can be very targeted and is inexpensive.

I haven't used it and don't really know how to yet but Facebook has lots of information about it and online tutorials.

rvrrat14 likes this.
  8. AH-1G

AH-1G Well-Known Member

You can target zip codes, demographics and towns in general, this is called boosting. Each time you boost is cost money. Currently we (company) uses Facebook to boost, 1 shot cost $1000 bucks.
    I haven't heard you can target specific businesses, but I'm sure FB has that figured out.
    You may want to target specific businesses by visiting them personally rather than FB. Visiting their job site and meeting with the GC helps tremendously.

#8 AH-1G, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  9. rvrrat14

I’ve used it and it REACHES lots of folks! It is inexpensive and connects you with others. A great way to get followers.

10. rvrrat14

I boosted 7 days for 30.00. My market is much smaller right now.

11. BigAl07

BigAl07 Moderator
    Staff Member

You were flagged as a SPAMMER. And honestly, that's very "Spamlike" behavior" even though you had good intentions.

You've got to either pay some $$ and do some ads or you might be better served with boots on the ground and meeting people face to face. I find this industry does better face to face at least it has for me in my area.

12. Dejan Smaic

Dejan Smaic Member

What has happened is you're a spammer. Think of all those unsolicited emails or phone marketing call you get. 1) start a business page, 2) populate you page with relevant info such as bio, project photos, contact info, etc...3) have a real website, 4) engage intelligently with FB business pages, 5) do it the old fashion way...real facetime.

BigAl07 likes this.