Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Teachable Moment Pop-Quiz #1

Outta Control

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
What is going on with Outta Control's Aerial Vue vehicle.

Explain your onservations.

nIkoa4mh.jpg

It's raining and that's why some areas are colder than others, the water jets?

The vehicle has stopped after running and is cooling down. Is the reading from the engine vent? Or from the inside?

Yeah the spot meter is pointed to the wiper but which does have a high emissivity but I was more directing to the over FoV and no the defroster is not on nor is the Aerial Vue truck running.

Here is the RGB shot from my C2.

dFmDWLql.jpg

Remember that water hold heat more? And some are reflections. If you look at the wipers and can barely see the drivers mirrors they are absorbing and reflecting the sunlight.

Does this makes sense?

Last edited:
I don't know why I have it in my head that they take pictures at night. Same because the difference in temperature makes it easier to see the details. My follies. :rolleyes:

Reflections of the water, understood (we'll see o_O)

I never claim to know more that FLIR. As I stated it has been on for over 10 minutes because I was walking around finding interesting subject matter. Plus this exercise is more about qualitative results. ;)

The 10 minutes are irrelevant. FLIR instructions are clear, so was my Level 1 instructor; don't attempt reading until detector says is ready.
I understand your "exercise" parameters, However, if we are going to guide others we should fully disclose correct settings and conditions, OC. That's all.

Not sure what you are getting at and this challenging tone comes from. You may have more experience that I do but certainly "sense a disturbance in the Force". ;)

I was not giving or noting Absolute temp but more just an Apparent temperature. Besides this is a Qualitative exercise.

I guess I should put a footnote or disclaimer, per your instruction, in all these exercises.

BTW: This where I got my information when the sensor is NUC'd aka sensor is warmed up.

HnKnqKnl.jpg

Not sure what you are getting at and this challenging tone comes from. You may have more experience that I do but certainly "sense a disturbance in the Force". ;)

There's no agenda, other than if we are going to teach (posting an ITC logo),and post an image as a "quiz," we should use a good image and/or explain the indicators rather than assume the rest of the folks playing along knows what they mean. Any conclusions based on your image are suspect, detector is not up to specs yet, and the camera is trying to tell you that ~.

I was not giving or noting Absolute temp but more just an Apparent temperature. Besides this is a Qualitative exercise.

Your "students" don't know that.

I guess I should put a footnote or disclaimer, per your instruction, in all these exercises.

If you are going to assume the mantle of teacher...yes, you should.

BTW: This where I got my information when the sensor is NUC'd aka sensor is warmed up.

NUC occurs regularly. A ~ indication means not ready/don't make measurements.
ITC instructor was very clear about this. I'm only level 1, not qualified to teach.

Just constructive criticism, provide all necessary info, not everyone here is a trained thermographer and they are entitled to accurate info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy