Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Teachable Moment Pop-Quiz #2

Outta Control

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
What is going on here.

Is the Apparent temperature is near 24.5 F, why are those dark spots and why are they colder.

Explain our observations.

5gx5lWGl.jpg

Last edited:
Temperature's this side of the glass. The marks are on the other side of the glass. The heat transmission from one side to the other?

I have to think backwards. The surface is the one that is hot and the handprints are because the hands have absorbed the heat?

That's scary :eek::eek::eek: :p:p:p

Now it makes more sense, it protrudes from the surface and therefore the wind can cause that lower temperature difference?

Well actually this is a frozen wall display at the California Science Center.

So what you are seeing are apparent temperature (purple/violet color) of the finger holes while the rest are the reflection of the lighting in the room.

The highest temp is actually my hand.

This is very difficult only with the thermal image. The RGB image becomes more necessary to try to understand it. It's an example to think about :D

Well as you progress in your learning, you need to ask yourself the question, if the material I am seeing, in this case, being reflected or absorbed. Then based off of that you can eliminate the obvious, or what types of material it maybe, the continue this process until you get to your the target.

I know sounds trivial but once you understand the process of getting to the final results, one need to solve each external problem one at a time.

Thermography is a process. Similar to cooking from a recipe. You can't just jump into it and say, "A ha! Here is the temperature of an object."

I typically am very methodical in reading thermal image. So it is just about practice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM