Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

TFRs

LUIS MARTINEZ

Reaction score
Website
www.martinezaerial.com
Never dealt with a TFR. Trump's coming to Phoenix tomorrow; entire valley under a TFR which stars at 1315 hours.
Will I be ok at 0800 or will DJI NFZ police ( Mod Removed) me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never dealt with a TFR. Trump's coming to Phoenix tomorrow; entire valley under a TFR which stars at 1315 hours.
Will I be ok at 0800 or will DJI NFZ police ( Mod Removed) me?

My last experience with a NFZ was that my DJI spun up and I was ready to launch and then it refused to take off. If you are using a non-DJI product your results will vary. The FireFly will rely on your own experience alone; no nannyware built in to prevent a launch.

I would allow for a one hour buffer before the TFR goes into effect. With that in mind, anything before that should be fine.

Curious. Do you have authorization to fly in the TFR area?? A friend of mine flies PHI AirMedical in the Valley (was at Banner in Casa Grande now at Eloy) even they need special permission to operate in the TFR.

I realize this is passed now, just curious.

I had no problem flying my M2P less than an hour before the beginning of a sports stadium-related TFR in Detroit. I needed, and got, LAANC authorization at that time because of a nearby airport.

I had no problem flying my M2P less than an hour before the beginning of a sports stadium-related TFR in Detroit. I needed, and got, LAANC authorization at that time because of a nearby airport.

Our particular TFR goes into effect starting one hour before the event and ends one hour after the event. Even with LAANC approval (which is a moot point here because most of the towers in this area are contract towers) you wouldn't catch me airborne during an active TFR. The penalties are really stiff and they usually deploy the black boxes for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91