Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

The Future of Aerial Thermography

breid1

Reaction score
I am curious if any of you are wondering about the future of the Zenmuse XT and whether it will be compatible with anything other than a Inspire 1 or a Matice? Would Flir be making it available to fit other gimbals in the future? Any thoughts on a future Inspire 3 capability? We are wondering about this at work but the decision was made to wait a few more months before we do any thermal imaging of our electric utility assets today. Bummer!

I would like to see new cams that embed radiometric data accurately enough to produce maps. Correct me if i am wrong but that isnt possible at the moment without laying the data over conventional camera maps to fill in the gaps is it?

I can tell you this.

As far as I was told, in the future, that there will be no replacement for the DJI XT product line. It works good and it works fine. The most that can happen is improvement for the XT Pro App.

Thanks for your reply! Just seems kind of crazy to me, I guess.

I don't think that you will see the Zenmuse XT for the Inspire 3. Through conversation with a DJI distributor I heard that there was a separation of the filmography and industrial drones after the Inspire 1. These were split into the Inspire 2 for filmography and the Matrice line for industrial purposes. As the Zenmuse XT is for industrial purposes you will see it available with Matrice drones, but not for the Inspire 2 or Inspire 3.

I would like to see new cams that embed radiometric data accurately enough to produce maps. Correct me if i am wrong but that isnt possible at the moment without laying the data over conventional camera maps to fill in the gaps is it?

As far as I understand you are able to produce orthomosaic maps with thermal imagery as you would with any other orthomosaic from drones. The only issue is getting good results as there is greater blending of the thermal results, less distinction, which makes it more difficult to get good results. I believe that Pix4D does provide the ability to make thermal orthomosaics.

As far as I understand you are able to produce orthomosaic maps with thermal imagery as you would with any other orthomosaic from drones. The only issue is getting good results as there is greater blending of the thermal results, less distinction, which makes it more difficult to get good results. I believe that Pix4D does provide the ability to make thermal orthomosaics.

Yes you can but embedding the radiometric data into the map is difficult or was last time i looked into it. By all means correct me if i am wrong and things have changed through some software etc.

Mick

I want to carry on to what Mick stated.The future of thermal offering will include GeoTagging. The FLIR Duo Pro already has that capabilities and more which will make thermal mapping much easier.

Reactions: mick
Would be nice to see the FLIR Duo Pro supported directly by DJI on the M200/210, but that does not look likely. Hopefully, a clean and simple 3rd party solution for it will arrive, rather than the current options of bolting it onto a separate gimbal with another radio to control it.

Would be nice to see the FLIR Duo Pro supported directly by DJI on the M200/210, but that does not look likely. Hopefully, a clean and simple 3rd party solution for it will arrive, rather than the current options of bolting it onto a separate gimbal with another radio to control it.

Actually with some modification it can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905