Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

The sUAS Recurrent Exam - Here's What's Involved.

Thank you for the info Russ. To bad they didn't lower the price to at least $100. Glad to know all i have to do is a recurrent exam from now on.

Reactions: Russ Still
Thank you for the info Russ. To bad they didn't lower the price to at least $100. Glad to know all i have to do is a recurrent exam from now on.
Yeah, it would have been nice if CATS had lowered the prices. But that's the same thing they charge for all aviation exams so I don't see that changing. Maybe we'll get lucky one day.

Reactions: rolling56
The proctor at the certified exam airport i went to in small town USA (Aurora,MO) lol told me to call him directly so he could get the extra money he didn't get since i went through CATS. I will oblige him next year hehe I have his personal phone number and email addy.

What happens if you let it lapse? In other words miss the date to take the recurrent exam.

I am guessing the same thing that happens if you "miss" your private pilot biennual flight review, you no longer have your PIC privileges, i.e., if you fly, you do so illegally and may have your ticket revoked. You may be required to take the original part 107 exam. I'm sure others will jump in here with the answer.

Luis is correct, (no need to guess !)

It is stated clearly in the reg what is needed for currency.

The red portion below in the Reg could be written as:

"A person may not operate a small unmanned aircraft system unless [if] that person has completed one of the following, within the previous 24 calendar months.."

The Reg
§107.65 Aeronautical knowledge recency.
A person may not operate a small unmanned aircraft system unless that person has completed one of the following, within the previous 24 calendar months:

(a) Passed an initial aeronautical knowledge test covering the areas of knowledge specified in §107.73(a);

(b) Passed a recurrent aeronautical knowledge test covering the areas of knowledge specified in §107.73(b); or

(c) If a person holds a pilot certificate (other than a student pilot certificate) issued under part 61 of this chapter and meets the flight review requirements specified in §§61.56, passed either an initial or recurrent training course covering the areas of knowledge specified in §107.74(a) or (b) in a manner acceptable to the Administrator.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker