Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Thermal camera basics on M600 Pro

Texas Flyer

Reaction score
I'm just getting started with trying to make money with my M600 and can hopefully find a niche outside of general photography and filming as there are plenty of people doing that already. I want to include a Thermal camera of some sort, but can't seem to decide where to start, hardware-wise.

I am going to take a Level 1 classroom class at end-of-month, so I'll have that introduction from a technology/practices perspective.

I'm an avid Thermal hunter for feral hogs here in Texas (thermal scope video,

It truly is the most fun you can have with your clothes on...) Have some other ideas around wildlife and cattle maybe, so for those purposes I'll need 640/60hz for definition purposes.

Certainly want to move into some type of industrial inspection/video work sometime, "R" capability requirements undefined/unknown.

I'm having difficulty justifying the XT/XT2 price point vs a Vue Pro/Duo Pro with an OEM gimbal and I believe I understand adding the Channel Expansion kit to be able to control/feed the second camera, just maybe not fully the operational aspect, several YouTube videos describing it.

Is there something I really need to consider functionally, the XT cameras can provide integration-wise I won't get with what I described above?

Assuming my primary video camera is an X5 and I'll have two gimbals, any reason to do the Duo or with the Duo, would there really be any need to also have another video camera in the air?

My gut is to go non-R on the camera, given the additional cost and I don't have a defined need yet. If I also go non-Duo, I could move the Vue Pro to my Mavic and use it for the wildlife/livestock uses mentioned earlier should I get work that requires an "R" camera.

To summarize...

XT/XT2 value prop, worth it?
Start with non-R?
Duo Pro vs Dual cameras? (Duo Pro is only available in "R")

Thanks,
Charlie

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker