Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

This will be interesting as it develops.

Outta Control

Reaction score
Website
www.hoveranalytics.com
Flir buys Canadian drone company for $200 million

"Flir Systems, one of the largest companies based in Oregon, said Monday it will buy a Canadian drone manufacturer for $200 million.

Aeryon Labs makes drones under 20 pounds, used by 20 militaries in more than 30 countries, according to Wilsonville-based Flir. Flir said the deal will reduce profits this year by 2 cents a share owing to increased product development costs, but should add to profits in future years.

Flir makes thermal imaging cameras for seeing at night and in adverse condition. Defense contracts represent a large share of its business and the company has been increasingly focused on drones.

Last week, Flir announced a $40 million U.S. army contract to provide nano-drones. The company said Aeryon’s drones can fit in a rucksack and operate in high altitudes, strong winds, rain and snow."

It's scary to think about the price those drones will have, but it'll be interesting to see what it's all about.

Reactions: Outta Control
That Aeryon Skyranger has an INSANE 20mp 30x zoom camera. I think it uses a Sony lens. It's a mil-spec vehicle with the propellers hanging below the X arms. Very steady, but susceptible to EMF in my experience. It's controlled using a flat screen and stylus.

I agree, Im hoping we finally have some U.S. based competition in the sUAS space.

It will most definitely be Military / Emergency Response / Commercial grade vehicle.

When Aeryon first started to offer their military product commercially, it was priced at 100, 000 bucks. Insane. 2-3 years ago, they dropped to 60k I believe. That price includes a couple cameras, 3 battery packs and a pelican case type charging set up, a base station for signal relay / triangulation, and the vehicle.

That Aeryon Skyranger has an INSANE 20mp 30x zoom camera. I think it uses a Sony lens. It's a mil-spec vehicle with the propellers hanging below the X arms. Very steady, but susceptible to EMF in my experience. It's controlled using a flat screen and stylus.

I agree, Im hoping we finally have some U.S. based competition in the sUAS space.

It will most definitely be Military / Emergency Response / Commercial grade vehicle.

When Aeryon first started to offer their military product commercially, it was priced at 100, 000 bucks. Insane. 2-3 years ago, they dropped to 60k I believe. That price includes a couple cameras, 3 battery packs and a pelican case type charging set up, a base station for signal relay / triangulation, and the vehicle.

I was quoted a price of around $40,000 last year for the SkyRanger (not the newest one).

Mis comienzos fueron con un Skyranger y mi apreciación es clara, el valor es infinitamente más alto que un dji y sus beneficios son patéticos.

lo probamos a 4600 de altura y tuvimos muchos problemas de vuelo y estabilidad en coma con dji phantom 4 volando a su lado.

My beginnings were with a Skyranger and my appreciation is clear, the value is infinitely higher than a dji and its benefits are pathetic.

We tested it at 4600 altitude and had a lot of flight problems and coma stability with phantom dji 4 flying next to it.

At that altitude, given the density of the air, where even helicopters with much more powerful engines have problems, it is difficult to evaluate the performance of an aircraft of this type. Although it is true, that due to the price of the drone, it should fly without any problem in any circumstance :rolleyes:

Figures, the government always pays ten times what something is worth.

Reactions: dronecyclops

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter