Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Today is the day for the new Part 107 rules to go into effect. Make sure you know them.

Vic Moss

Reaction score
Website
dspalliance.org
Today we get to start flying at night without a waiver, if you've take the new training or testing that was effective 4/6/21. And, we get to fly over people (OOP) without a waiver whether we've taken that new training or not.

But, make sure you understand the new OOP rules. They are extremely limiting in what we can use.

• Love
Reactions: Ajkm and BigAl07
I just got my part 107 in October 2020, do I have to take the recurrent test just to fly at night?

Today we get to start flying at night without a waiver, if you've take the new training or testing that was effective 4/6/21. And, we get to fly over people (OOP) without a waiver whether we've taken that new training or not.

But, make sure you understand the new OOP rules. They are extremely limiting in what we can use.

Hi Vic

Question: I took my recurrent this pass summer and have a night waiver that states it's valid til 2024. Is that waiver still valid? or do I have to (re)take recurrent online to be able to fly at night?

***I ask because I was told by a fellow commercial pilot that my waiver is no good anymore and that I would have to take course online.

Hi Vic

Question: I took my recurrent this pass summer and have a night waiver that states it's valid til 2024. Is that waiver still valid? or do I have to (re)take recurrent online to be able to fly at night?

***I ask because I was told by a fellow commercial pilot that my waiver is no good anymore and that I would have to take course online.
Don't quote me on this but I think I may recall something saying such waivers will expire in 60 days or some such thing and a new test taken. I imagine the rules and details are on the FAA site somewhere. HTH.

Hi Vic

***I ask because I was told by a fellow commercial pilot that my waiver is no good anymore and that I would have to take course online
All 107.29 waivers will terminate on 5/17/21.

Hi guys,

I’m looking for some guidance. I want to take the online course and exam for the recurrent add on to my part 107 to qualify for night time flying , flying over people etc. where do I go on the FAA website ?

Ok. I found the link, however, a bit confused. Do I take the course for part 61. Or non part 61??

Take the non part 61 if you are not a certified pilot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91