Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Top Gun 2020

LUIS MARTINEZ

Reaction score
Website
www.martinezaerial.com
I sure missed the mark with my prediction. I expected Maverick as an admiral (he's old enough) trying to guide the new hot shot youngster to stay out of trouble.......but noooooo.
An old man still in the cockpit of a jet fighter trying to stay young, not very realistic.... But I'll still watch ;)

Reactions: BigAl07
I sure missed the mark with my prediction. I expected Maverick as an admiral (he's old enough) trying to guide the new hot shot youngster to stay out of trouble.......but noooooo.
An old man still in the cockpit of a jet fighter trying to stay young, not very realistic.... But I'll still watch ;)

meh...its already been done. Think I'll pass.

Most fighter pilots are washed up by 35, high G turns take a toll on the body. As for Top Gun, I thought it was a good unrealistic movie. First fly by the tower would have ended his career. For the average viewer it was an entertaining movie, and of course he got the hot chick.

Most fighter pilots are washed up by 35, high G turns take a toll on the body. As for Top Gun, I thought it was a good unrealistic movie. First fly by the tower would have ended his career. For the average viewer it was an entertaining movie, and of course he got the hot chick.
Oh see there you go. Next you are gonna tell me Star Trek is not real?
picard2.gif

Reactions: dronecyclops

Sadly very few movies depict the military in anything close to accurate. For me one of the best is the first half of Full Metal Jacket. Dead. Nuts. On.

Crimson Tide holds a special place of disdain for me. People loved it. I sat there mumbling to myself "That's male bovine excrement, that's male bovine excrement, and that's male bovine excrement too.

I liked Top Gun, as silly as it was. But realistic? Not even close.

Edited to make less profane o_O

Last edited:
Sadly very few movies depict the military in anything close to accurate. For me one of the best is the first half of Full Metal Jacket. Dead. Nuts. On.

Crimson Tide holds a special place of disdain for me. People loved it. I sat there mumbling to myself "That's ********, that's ********, that's ******** too.

I liked Top Gun, as silly as it was. But realistic? Not even close.

So very true, when it comes to military movies I prefer the documentaries. I just watched one on the USS Franklin. It was one of the most disturbing documentaries of WWII aircraft carriers I have ever watched.

What many people don't understand about civilian and military aviation is it is many hours of boredom.

So very true, when it comes to military movies I prefer the documentaries. I just watched one on the USS Franklin. It was one of the most disturbing documentaries of WWII aircraft carriers I have ever watched.

What many people don't understand about civilian and military aviation is it is many hours of boredom.
There you go, when I want facts I watch documentaries; when I want entertainment I watch movies. Somehow, I always suspected that in all those police movies the six shooters weren't really shooting a dozen rounds...

There you go, when I want facts I watch documentaries; when I want entertainment I watch movies. Somehow, I always suspected that in all those police movies the six shooters weren't really shooting a dozen rounds...
My grandfather gave me his dads old single action six shooter, build somewhere in the 1880-1890s, not sure when. I just couldn't fine where you put the extra bullets.

Haven’t seen the movie yet but do they say everything twice like they did in the first one? Second question; have they figured out which way the throttles move when you want to go faster yet?

Haven’t seen the movie yet but do they say everything twice like they did in the first one? Second question; have they figured out which way the throttles move when you want to go faster yet?

You are very observant. The movie isn't out yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku