Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Underground steam leak location

Sure... We experienced an underground steam leak and our energy provider wanted to compare Aerial (plane) thermal IR with our new sUAS.

1.Aerial Infrared Image
Aerial Thermal IR.png

2. AOI 1 - Area excavated to expose leak steam (pipe 190 degrees F, Ground 19 degrees F)
Excavation Area.jpg

3 AOI 2 - Area under the car was 62.7 degrees F (car was parked overnight/engine cold - 33 degrees F)
pipe 6ft underground at this location
Under parked car.jpg

4. AOI 3 and AOI 4 surface temperatures are close to "normal"AOI 3.jpgAOI 4.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Nice to see possiblities out there if you think outside the box. My neighbor's septic system overflowed yesterday morning. His front yard looked like a scene from the movie holes trying to find the junction box that was clogged. One pass with my Thermal drone found the box in just a couple of minutes. The backhoe guy that showed up just a short time later looked a little unhappy with me as he showed up late for the party, but he DID ask for my business card when I will packing up. Always look for the opportunities.

Reactions: NMcDonald
Thanks for sharing. Nice to see possiblities out there if you think outside the box. My neighbor's septic system overflowed yesterday morning. His front yard looked like a scene from the movie holes trying to find the junction box that was clogged. One pass with my Thermal drone found the box in just a couple of minutes. The backhoe guy that showed up just a short time later looked a little unhappy with me as he showed up late for the party, but he DID ask for my business card when I will packing up. Always look for the opportunities.
Share a pic?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker