Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Using our FAA 107 Certificate Status in another country

SpecialJ

Reaction score
Hello,

I noticed that the FAA is part of a global system of being widely recognized around the world for compliance. For example, I know commercial pilots can fly to international locations after obtaining a pilots license in the United States. However, the pilot cannot work for an airline based out of that country if they moved to another country. They are obligated to obtain a license from that country and follow that specific country´s regulations if they chose to live there and fly commercially in that country.

If commercial pilots can fly for Delta and they are licensed to operate in other countries temporarily via international flights, does the same privilege apply to FAA 107 drone pilots? Are we allowed to temporarily work in another country for a quick flight as the FAA is part of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). I do know you have to follow the country´s regulations on drones still as well, but what if you are a certificate holder of another country within the ICAO? I believe this or some other international governing body allow pilots fly around the world.

Welcome to the forum :)

As of right now, today 8/23/2019, there is no international standardization with sUAS training/regs so Part 107 is not recognized by any other Govt.

Side Note: Until Part 107 gets a lot more difficult and includes actual flight proficiency demonstration I don't see any other entity recognizing it. If it was more like what the UK requires it might be a much different story.

Reactions: PatR
I agree. Having the ability to memorize answers for a written test does nothing to indicate people are qualified to fly even a folded paper airplane.

Reactions: BigAl07
I agree. Having the ability to memorize answers for a written test does nothing to indicate people are qualified to fly even a folded paper airplane.

I agree. I always have a good laugh at the drone fails on YouTube.

Welcome to the forum :)

As of right now, today 8/23/2019, there is no international standardization with sUAS training/regs so Part 107 is not recognized by any other Govt.

Side Note: Until Part 107 gets a lot more difficult and includes actual flight proficiency demonstration I don't see any other entity recognizing it. If it was more like what the UK requires it might be a much different story.

Thanks BigAl! I see you are in North Carolina. Do you work for PrecisionHawk?

I agree. I always have a good laugh at the drone fails on YouTube.

Thanks BigAl! I see you are in North Carolina. Do you work for PrecisionHawk?
No afraid not. I was going to apply and then I saw the list of applicants and it would be like a high school quarterback applying to play in the Super Bowl.

I'm way up in the mountains of NC a long way from there PH is based.

No afraid not. I was going to apply and then I saw the list of applicants and it would be like a high school quarterback applying to play in the Super Bowl.

I'm way up in the mountains of NC a long way from there PH is based.

I hear you. You never know unless you are Mark Wahlberg in Invincible. I bet some of us high school quarterbacks can fly their FireFly6 Pro inverted underneath a bridge. :)

• Haha
Hello,

I noticed that the FAA is part of a global system of being widely recognized around the world for compliance. For example, I know commercial pilots can fly to international locations after obtaining a pilots license in the United States. However, the pilot cannot work for an airline based out of that country if they moved to another country. They are obligated to obtain a license from that country and follow that specific country´s regulations if they chose to live there and fly commercially in that country.

If commercial pilots can fly for Delta and they are licensed to operate in other countries temporarily via international flights, does the same privilege apply to FAA 107 drone pilots? Are we allowed to temporarily work in another country for a quick flight as the FAA is part of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). I do know you have to follow the country´s regulations on drones still as well, but what if you are a certificate holder of another country within the ICAO? I believe this or some other international governing body allow pilots fly around the world.
Foreigners in Canada who wish to fly a drone heavier than 250 grams must be licenced to fly in their home country (Part 107 for USA) and obtain an SFOC "special flight operations certificate" from Canada.

Foreigners in Canada who wish to fly a drone heavier than 250 grams must be licenced to fly in their home country (Part 107 for USA) and obtain an SFOC "special flight operations certificate" from Canada.
Good to know as I am flying in both the US and Canada next year - although under special conditions in both countries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905