Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Video files won't play

Texas_Willie

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been having this problem since I first got my quad (Q550 4k). The videos that I take won't play in Windows 10.

I can upload the video mp4 files to YouTube no problem, but those same files throw an error code when attempting to play them on a computer or laptop.

I thought it might just be my computer, so I copied the files to another folder on the micro disk and took it to Costco and tried to play them on a brand new laptop, with tons of processing power and a high end graphics card....Same thing happened there.

I have to be able to view these files in the field, before returning all the way home, uploading to YouTube and waiting for them to be processed. If I can't get this to work, then I am afraid all the time and money I have spent is for nothing!

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks In Advance

TW

The files must be ok else YT would not be able to process them. What app are you using to try and play the files? Give MPC-HC a try.

Downloads · MPC-HC

Also, try a test recording in 1920 x 1080 instead of 4k and see if you can play that.

I've got a beast of an editing system, but Windows Media Player refuses to play 4K videos from the Phantom. If I shoot standard HD, they play fine. the 4K stuff plays in Premiere. So it's Windows Media Player that is my issue.

VLC is a great player, and pretty much if VLC won't play it, nothing will. Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

Just sharing what works for me. Your mileage may vary.

I've got a beast of an editing system, but Windows Media Player refuses to play 4K videos from the Phantom. If I shoot standard HD, they play fine. the 4K stuff plays in Premiere. So it's Windows Media Player that is my issue.

VLC is a great player, and pretty much if VLC won't play it, nothing will. Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN

Just sharing what works for me. Your mileage may vary.
Thanks for the reply, I think I have the issue straightened out with a formatting of the micro card...Seems top be working now. Thanks A
gain for the Reply!

Reactions: RNCotton
Thanks for the reply, I think I have the issue straightened out with a formatting of the micro card...Seems top be working now. Thanks A
gain for the Reply!

Glad you're sorted.
For the best chance for good performance try not to play the file off of the SD card directly. Download to your PC first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV