Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

VIP TFRs

mwkelly109

Reaction score
Let me tell you how much fun it is living south of President Trump’s W PalmBeach home.

TFR for 30 NM radius for 3 days (this time). Want to see a doozy of a NOTAM? Look up the one for PBI.

Back in the days when Nixon was president we didn’t have drones but we did have restricted areas. It was a serious inconvenience when he was at the western White House in San Clemente. We couldn’t get on the beach to surf Cotton’s Pt. and Trestles. No matter how good the waves, we had to go somewhere else.

Reactions: BigAl07
Let me tell you how much fun it is living south of President Trump’s W PalmBeach home.

TFR for 30 NM radius for 3 days (this time). Want to see a doozy of a NOTAM? Look up the one for PBI.

That's common practice and has been for many many years. Keep in mind those TFR's are for all manned aircraft.

Reactions: LUIS MARTINEZ
Usually works out if you have a transponder, two way radio, and on an IFR flight plan you’ll get cleared.

But basically UAS guys are up the creek till the Prez leaves.

If it has to be, better this time of year. Very windy in the winters down here. At least on the coast where I am.

Reactions: SanCap

Yep. I live right here as well. No flying almost every weekend this time of year.

Keep in mind those TFR's are for all manned aircraft.

From the NOTAM
A. All aircraft operations within the 10 NMR area(s) listed above, known as the inner core(s), are prohibited except for........
B.....between the 10 nmr and 30 nmr area(s).....All aircraft must be on an active IFR or filed VFR flight plan with a discrete code

And we get our own special mention,

H.... UAS OPERATORS WHO DO NOT COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE AIRSPACE RESTRICTIONS ARE WARNED....

So yeah, no flying.

Poor KLNA gets shut down with no exceptions. No carved cut out like KFXE.

Last edited:
Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shook DroneWorks LLC