Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Want to buy a Parrot Anafi Thermo - No Longer Looking

dougcjohn

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a Anafi Thermo.
Anyone buy one, evaluated it and now not too happy with the purchase... want to sell it?
I'm looking to buy one, but I'm also not sure it'll meet my needs, I'm looking to buy Used below retail.

If you have a Anifi Thermo and want to move it off your shelf, send me a PM or post, both works!

Last edited:
Have you asked over at ParrotPilots.com?

Have you asked over at ParrotPilots.com?
Yepper... have it posted on both sites.
Doubtful anything will turn up, it's a new craft and not much in circulation.
But worth a look before purchasing new.

Anyone buy one, evaluated it and now not too happy with the purchase... want to sell it?
I'm looking to buy one, but I'm also not sure it'll meet my needs, I'm looking to buy Used below retail.

If you have a Anifi Thermo and want to move it off your shelf, send me a PM or post, both works!

What are your needs. There have been a lot of misconception and bad data being produced.

As I can tell I will not be selling mine anytime soon.

Last edited:

You seriously need to stop, bro! But good luck, and if you find one, I can wait for your honest review.
(I just got the EVO and so far I’m loving it.. But there’s a but)

Sorry for hijacking this thread, just wanna say [emoji1423]

Reactions: dougcjohn
You seriously need to stop, bro! But good luck, and if you find one, I can wait for your honest review.
(I just got the EVO and so far I’m loving it.. But there’s a but)

Sorry for hijacking this thread, just wanna say [emoji1423]
No hijack... it's all on the same channel of subject. Read your posts on the other Anafi Thermo thread. New EVO kit sits in box, not even pealed the protective skin off it. Soon, just too busy at moment but had to pick-up at that great sale price!

Back on the Anafi-T... looks like a great little craft for the cost particularly when compared to next alternative option at almost double cost.

The 160 sensor at first wasn't appealing to me... but with the RGB overlay... if Radiometric is accurate could / maybe have some use for roofs or windows... even a close orbit on new construction might be worth a look.

Won't approach the 640R of XT or XT2 especially with the MSX for longer "normal" range or higher altitude SAR work... but it appears to provide temp alerts and several Flir features. Really want to get an XT 640 R and XT2 640 for the I1 and M210 / M600P but just can't justify the purchase. That XT 640R 19mm still brings a pretty penny!

But the Anifa-T @ $2k would provide a low cost method to gain experience in the Thermo activities... just need to get comfortable with the Thermo and have a better grasp on the workflow before investing another $12-20k.

... if Radiometric is accurate could...

Have you seen my post on Radiometric comparison?

...maybe have some use for roofs or windows... even a close orbit on new construction might be worth a look...

Roofs maybe but windows? Nope and Never.

...Won't approach the 640R of XT or XT2 especially with the MSX for longer "normal" range or higher altitude SAR work...

Turn MSX off. Most Thermographers don't use MSX unless it is necessary.

...but it appears to provide temp alerts and several Flir features...

IsoTherms is standard feature or adjust the range to accomplish the same.

...But the Anifa-T @ $2k would provide a low cost method to gain experience in the Thermo activities... just need to get comfortable with the Thermo and have a better grasp on the workflow before investing another $12-20k.

Take it from someone who has years of experience in thermography, Get yourself an inexpensive handheld and start learning. Don't wait to get a thermal on an aircraft.

Have you seen my post on Radiometric comparison?

Roofs maybe but windows? Nope and Never.

Turn MSX off. Most Thermographers don't use MSX unless it is necessary.

IsoTherms is standard feature or adjust the range to accomplish the same.

Take it from someone who has years of experience in thermography, Get yourself an inexpensive handheld and start learning. Don't wait to get a thermal on an aircraft.
Thanks, appreciate the input.
What would you suggest / recommend for a good handheld?

Why "nope" on windows... for the 160 or or thermo?

I took your lead on the Evo @dougcjohn the "BUT" is that one can easily be tempted to fly BLOS in the streets of San Francisco, the video feed on the EVO is SOLID without interruption. I still have 10 days left to return it back to Amazon, and I might just do that, as well and get the Anafi Thermal. Thanks to @Outta Control for the mini review on here.

If you are interested I offer a sUAS Thermal Course. Check The Academy on my site.
Just checked your Website... all West Coast locarions which sounds great but not a 1 day outing for me in Iowa. My "other" job that currently pays the bills while preparing for retirement sUAV business doesn't have the time in short range to take a outing for side business.

I'll keep that on the table!

I took your lead on the Evo @dougcjohn the "BUT" is that one can easily be tempted to fly BLOS in the streets of San Francisco, the video feed on the EVO is SOLID without interruption. I still have 10 days left to return it back to Amazon, and I might just do that, as well and get the Anafi Thermal. Thanks to @Outta Control for the mini review on here.
It's a solid little platform... but you're correct... with the introduction of Anafi-T... it fills the role of the EVO and a little Thermo craft. Actually with the 180 degree Gimbal... probably better than the EVO for tight quarter inspections.

I haven't opened mine yet while I assessed the options.

That's outstanding you can use the EVO and return to Amazon vendor. My BestBuy I think gets touchy if drone is used.

If you are interested I offer a sUAS Thermal Course. Check The Academy on my site.
Without class, no handheld recommendations? I can understand your position, either way works. I've looked at some handhelds, but felt many weren't quality units and I hadn't taken the time to explore and read reviews.

Thanks, appreciate the input.
What would you suggest / recommend for a good handheld?

Why "nope" on windows... for the 160 or or thermo?
Just watched a few on-demand ITC videos... great material in a few hours!

Videos touched on my Windows question. I understand the glass and also not being able to read air temps... understood that initially too.

But my focus was being able to see the “effects” of poorly installed Windows not sealing correctly or not insulated around the frames... more construction focused. They touched on that and did state for construction or structure inspection it is used to verify window frame leakage and also moisture issues.

In my briefness, I probably didn’t clarify correctly on Windows.

On handheld camera... sounds like the FLIR One Pro would be a great tool to learn overall thermo & to continue using... and has the same 160 sensor as Anafi-T & MPDual. Sounds like the FLIR Tools software works with providing a great learning environment for about $400.

Thanks @Outta Control for the suggestions.

Reactions: Outta Control

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agcopter