Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

What to bring to the par 107 exam?

ALEX TAI

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Taking the part 107 exam tomorrow, I was wondering what are some tips of what i should bring to the exam?
Magnifying Glass? anything else?

Thanks!

You shouldn't need a magnifying glass unless you have very poor vision. Make sure you have studied all the material, understand how to read sectionals, know the laws, understand a little about weather, a little about AC performance, weight and balance.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hey everyone,

Taking the part 107 exam tomorrow, I was wondering what are some tips of what i should bring to the exam?
Magnifying Glass? anything else?

Thanks!
Glasses if you wear them and ID. The proctoring center should provide everything else that you need.

Reactions: BigAl07
I hope you did well. I put this together a while back which was popular enough to have it posted as an Announcement in one of the FB Study Groups. I'll put it here for any prepping for the exam.

A little advice for the people coming up-

Seems a huge misconception is if you memorize the answers to practice tests you will pass the exam. You need to learn the material. The practice tests are there to help you test your knowledge. Folks that only memorize the answers can get easily flustered when they don't show up in the same syntax on the exam. Taking practice tests over and over will eventually burn in the correct answer so it's hard to gage if a high practice score really indicates that you mastered the concepts.

Know your terms and and fundamentals and you will pass the test. Bottom line very few fail. The majority of questions have an obviously wrong answer. Rule it out and consider the remaining two. Comprehend what the question is asking before you consider an answer. Some questions are asked in the abstract so the answer is opposite what you expect.

Mark questions you aren't sure of and go back. Many times another test question will trigger a response. There is ample time to take and review your exam.

The dreaded night before-
Get a good night's rest. Eat a good breakfast. Bring a mag glass. You will need it to help read the charts and chew on in lieu of your finger nails. There are built in toggles at the bottom of the exam screen that pull up calculators, mark questions, and move you forward and backward through the pages. You got this!

They will ask if you have anything in your pockets. I pulled out a couple of Tums and asked if it was OK if I needed to take them. The proctor said yes, and thanked me for the disclosure.
They are so silly. Make it out like some sort of classified operation, it's just a stupid exam. My proctor last time was a little old lady more concern with her People magazine than my conduct.

Reactions: R Martin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM