Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Where to retest?

Teelions

Reaction score
My part 107 expired in January of this year but I chose not to renew immediately. Instead I was going to do so closer to the real estate season in March where I mainly use my drone. But then the pandemic and now all testing centers are closed in March. I'm aware of the new provision for renewal testing but that is for people whose certification run out in April-June. So what can I do? Just wait?

Reactions: dronecyclops
Check around I went to PSI website scheduled a test and took it May 6th in Indiana had to drive 50 miles one way would be August before closer one available. Good luck

When you get close to expiration, study with the same conviction you did for the first test and focus on the essentials. There is a list of sections floating around on what will be covered. I remember (I'm old, don't quote me) that there were 40-45 questions on the recurrency test. Rules, regs and charts. The important stuff.

Hey folks, my part 107 expired March 2019. Perhaps I should consider taking the initial test, again, as a recurrent test would only give me until march 2021, correct ? thanks !

Hey folks, my part 107 expired March 2019. Perhaps I should consider taking the initial test, again, as a recurrent test would only give me until march 2021, correct ? thanks !

Negative. You become current the day you pass the recurrency test and it's good until the last day of the month 24 months later.

If you took (and passed) it today it would be good until July 31st 2022.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905