Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Working during Stay-At-Home Order

JohnnieRR

Reaction score
We've got a couple commercial real estate jobs that we've been asked to do in states that have active stay-at-home orders in place.. however.. when you actually go and read the Stay-at-home document, it mentions "Real Estate" as being one of the "essential services" that are being allowed to continue working. Has anyone found any clarification on this? Commercial real estate photography definitely falls under "real estate", as it's part of the successful function of a real estate organization, but I'd rather have some firm clarification on that. Many of these "stay at home order" documents seem to be a generic 'boilerplate' document that all contain mostly the same verbiage word for word. Unless we're doing interior photography, we're normally not needing to be even close to anyone else while flying, the very nature of our work avoids the need to be around others. Any thoughts, ideas or experiences with negotiating this?

I'm in the midst of the apocalypse here in the New York area. I think it would depend on the state and the wording of their mandate. We have all non-essential businesses shut down with most other businesses having staff working from home, if they can, here. In the case of flying a drone, either for business or pleasure, I don't think any authority would have a problem with a solitary person flying a drone and having no contact with other individuals -- at least as it pertains to our rather strict emergency mandate here, unless you attract a crowd of onlookers. I see no need to negotiate, especially if you are working for Real Estate. My company does environmental work for many large New York developers and we have been given the green light to continue our field operations as necessary support -- while taking appropriate health precautions with our workers.

Reactions: R Martin
A lot of this depends on your locality. We are under a county-wide shelter in place order except for essential services. I was issued a card that allows me to be out and about in the performance of my job during specific hours. Beyond that, stay at home means stay at home here. You location probably differs.

I am going to work my drone jobs. Got two tomorrow. Just me, myself, and I. Our order allows outdoor exercise activities so long as social distancing is involved, then droning is my exercise. If the gendarmes want to bust me, then I'll get arrested for sure. :D Probably some cop I trained at the academy...

The order also includes:
"Essential infrastructure operations, including construction, building management, landscaping, waste collection, distribution centers, airport operations as well as water, sewer and gas system operations. "

• Haha
Reactions: Recoveryone
Absolutely DO NOT DEPEND/DECIDE your actions based on an Internet Forum.

Ask your local authority for clarification. What is valid for me may or may not be valid for you. Plus, it’s a very fluid situation and seems to change almost daily.

We’re under a Shelter In Place order with only Essential Business allowed to operate. Here, that includes Construction, Utilities, Landscape Services and such. I’m only operating to support Essential Businesses and even that has ground to a halt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV